Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917333 times)

boroda

i never was able to reproduce this, but sometimes there may be very strange errors on some pcs. suggest its specific to your .net installation. the code for writing preview results is very straightforward (and always was working fine for me). not sure what i could make in this case.

WimYogya

But for me it has been working FINE for several years, all of a sudden it changed, on the same pc.
No idea if other software was disturbing, no idea about .net.

Can I myself make a change in the setting of the script - although I have no clue how to do it...
For instance: add 1 zero to a number with 1 digit, add nothing to numbers with 2 digits?
(Only VERY VERY exceptionally I have track numbers >100)

If such change is possible, can you tell me how. Or could you change 'your own' preset this way?
Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 06:25:43 PM by WimYogya
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

WimYogya

Also: after the NEW installation of the NEWEST plugin version, I still see my own personalized ASR screen when I startup MB again, including the presets that I copied/renamed in the past.
Could that be part of the problem?
If it is, then how to I make a completely FRESH plugin installation?
I don't know what else to delete to make a fresh start...
Wim
WimYogya

redwing

Looks like regex used in that preset won't work properly for track numbers.

Instead of
^(\d+)

try
^([1-9])$

redwing

Also: after the NEW installation of the NEWEST plugin version, I still see my own personalized ASR screen when I startup MB again, including the presets that I copied/renamed in the past.
Wim

They are stored under AppData\ASR Presets folder.

WimYogya

First test result: WORKS!
No time for more experiments now, will inform you in a few days if all is ok now.
In that case please implement the change in your 'own' preset too.
Thanks!
Wim
WimYogya

boroda

Wim
no, this cant be the problem because every asr preset is completely independent xml file. you can delete 'appdata\asr presets' folder as redwing said or you can delete any (your or standard) preset in asr dialog by selecting (NOT ticking!) preset and clicking on 'delete' button.

p.s. try to copy my preset and edit the copy as redwing suggested. if you succeed post results here and i'll add new preset for track numbers (though my preset is working fine on my pc).

edit: i can vaguely recall that there is an option in mb prefs (not in *plugin* prefs) to add leading zeros to track numbers. try to disable this option to see if this helps.
Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 08:13:52 PM by boroda74

redwing

@boroda74;

I'm not sure what the preset is intended to do. Its title says "Add up to 2 leading zeros to first digits of <Tag 1>", but its description says "e.g. '1 text' will be replaced with '01 text', '1' is replaced with '01' and 'text' remains unchanged". Was your original intention to convert "1" to "001"?

Anyway I don't think a new preset for track numbers is needed as MB already has Renumber Tracks command that can handle multiple digits.

boroda

I'm not sure what the preset is intended to do. Its title says "Add up to 2 leading zeros to first digits of <Tag 1>", but its description says "e.g. '1 text' will be replaced with '01 text', '1' is replaced with '01' and 'text' remains unchanged". Was your original intention to convert "1" to "001"?

its a mistake in preset name (and the same mistake for second 'add leading zeros...' preset). i've corrected these 2 mistakes in names and have changed preset reg exes so now these 2 presets should work always correctly, but still allows to have some (preserved) text after digits. also i've added 3d similar preset to make tags 3 digits.

@WimYogya
could you try these 3 new presets on your machine? just unrar the content of archive to 'plugins' folder and overwrite all files, then 'import all' asr presets in mb.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1dumoxp4g5vpi38/ASR_Presets.rar

WimYogya

@boroda
Came across your previous reply by coincidende. Downloaded, extracted and installed the presets, will explore more (no time now) and inform you.

I came here to ask if you or 'normal users' have problems with the split-presets. I do. In the past they worked fine, but now not.
I cannot detect the problem.
But if I want to split tag1 into tag2 and tag3, there are often (not always!) problems when there is a 'separator' sign or text. Often - or / or ; but even if I replace them with ### or so, they are not recognized as splitters.
Do I do anything wrong?
Wim
WimYogya

WimYogya

As to the leading zero's: first 2 tests result: works OK but does not LOOK ok > just a minor detail: you promise FIVE zeros in stead of three... ;-)
WimYogya

boroda

As to the leading zero's: first 2 tests result: works OK but does not LOOK ok > just a minor detail: you promise FIVE zeros in stead of three... ;-)
actually instead of 4 (up to 5 total digits) :-) its corrected for the next plugin update.

split presets are working fine for me.
try this split preset, its just a minor minor modification of original preset, its named "Split '<Tag 1>' to tags '<Tag 2>', '<Tag 3>' *" (note asterisk!):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/56b1hsbtg8yyupo/2acc97f0-bd50-476a-8f2a-680eedca8985.ASR_Preset.xml

place this preset to "<appdata>\asr presets" folder and restart mb.

WimYogya

The new split preset does not change anything.
PERHAPS the cause of the trouble is the following: the beginning of the splitter text box is invisible (in my view at least) because the preceding label is a bit too long: it covers the first 1 or 2 spaces of the text box.
Please check if this makes sense...
Thanks,
Wim
WimYogya

boroda

WimYogya

http://imgur.com/y1SIu7D

This is the newly modified * version. It has a strange unknown character as default. What is it and why?
But (similar to the other versions) that 'first character' is not in the first position, because 'custom text 1 >' is a bit too long. Goes for the other text boxes as well..
WimYogya