Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917282 times)

boroda

this is the same version as previous, but there is no log dialogs any more. its now new public release. i'll update download link on the wiki.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c23hp2z92l94uop/mb_TagTools_2016-02-26-1.zip

phred

• Global Moderator
Thank you kindly.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
@Steven, could you add to api podcast tags (eg episode date)?

Just thought I'd bump this, because I recall it happened at a time that Steven was up to his ears in something else...
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

theta_wave

The issue is explained here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=17949.0

TL; DR version: Editing tracks in MB automatically saves track# as #/total# whenever editing other fields despite my <track#> being only ## (leading zeroes for tracks 1-9).

The result of this behavior is seen in other players where the album now displays two different <track#> arrangements # or #/# (basically, non-edited and MB-edited tracks).  This gets even more annoying where <track#> for multi-CD albums are tagged in the following manner (first digit is the disc # and the latter two the disc's track number) : 101, 102... 201, 201... etc.  After editing just a few of them in MB (adding keywords to track I enjoy), they turn into 101/10, 201/13, etc.

Opening mp3tag every time I need to correct the <track#> MB screwed up gets tiresome real fast.  As a workaround (see thread above), I noticed that Advanced Search and Replace has a preset "Replace '#/#' with '#' in 'Track #'".  I tried it but it didn't work.  The plugin didn't see the '/#' portion.

I made a custom preset with the regexp: (\d+)(\/\d+).  It is very simple and works to correct #/# in notepad++ and mp3tag.  However, when saved in Advanced Search and Replace, the preset (like the one provided by ASR) doesn't work.  It only sees '#' rather than '#/#' as seen in mp3tag and tag inspector.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think it this is due to the information being stored in <Track Count>.  Blanking that field and making a new preset to replace everything in that field (^.*$) with a blank and keeping it active might work.
Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 11:00:32 PM by ssri

theta_wave

let me know if you get it sorted
Thanks for taking interest in this.  So far, my "Remove Track Count" preset removes <Track Count> fine, but having it checked doesn't seem to prevent MB from automatically filling in the field after editing the album.  Before doing this I decided to start with a clean slate, so I had mp3tag remove ##/## from <Track> since this format was seen in both mp3tag and MB's tag inspector but not within MB's tag editor (strange).  Again, it was a simple regexp search (d+)(\/\d+) and replacing it with \1. 

After 19,000 edits later, I edited a few albums to see what happens with my preset checked.  So far, MB still fills <Track Count>, but <Track> is not expressed as ##/## (a truce?).  The funny thing is that <Track Count> does not appear in either mp3tag or tag inspector, but still in MB's tag editor.  It must be stored/generated in MB's db.  Again, running my preset clears <Track Count>, but any idea how to get it to automatically clear <Track Count> from MB's db?

boroda

suggest that mb generates track count *after* it calls plugin. though plugin call is asynchronous. i could implement some delay in plugin, but not sure if it helps, because mb can react to tag modification by plugin and regenerate track count again. maybe Steven can comment this?

tmprojection

Hey, i want to make use of your "TOY: 'Copy tag' command" command to copy "play count" into a custom field, ie "www radio", but im having a problem, in case of emergencies say i remove a file, or rename it, the musicbee library will reset its playcount and will copy the new tag of 0, which would delete all the previous play counts, is there anyway to use this TOY: 'Copy tag' command with an IF statement? so for example, say i delete an audio file from the library, rename it, import it back in, the www radio tag has say 53, play count in musicbee library has 0, but if the www radio tag value is higher, it copies it back to the play count tag, and continues updating the musicbee library tag, when a track is played 50% it increases by 1, and also updates the www radio tag as well

GeekyFreakyEddy

Hey people, I need help. I have some problems with the "Advanced Research and Replace" Function because there are no presets and I don't know how to import them. Also the window don't look really complete. I hope someone can help me.

Sorry for my probably not perfect english^^

PS: Why is there no function to upload pictures? Or is it my fault?

phred

• Global Moderator
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

theta_wave

Hey people, I need help. I have some problems with the "Advanced Research and Replace" Function because there are no presets and I don't know how to import them. Also the window don't look really complete. I hope someone can help me.

Sorry for my probably not perfect english^^

PS: Why is there no function to upload pictures? Or is it my fault?
I had this issue too when first running ASR.  First things first, check to make sure the preset directory is populated with preset files (*.xml): C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\ASR Presets.  If the directory is populated with files but the presets are not showing, as it did with me, make sure that "use skin colors" is unchecked under ASR's settings (preferences > Plugins > Additional Tagging Tools > configure > Appearance).  When I unchecked this option, the presets finally came into view after restarting Musicbee.

Updated wiki: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Additional_Tagging_and_Reporting_Tools#Advanced_Search_and_Replace_presets_are_not_displayed
Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 02:24:34 AM by ssri

GeekyFreakyEddy

Thank you, ssri! It worked perfectly. But the window still isn't complete...

theta_wave

Thank you, ssri! It worked perfectly. But the window still isn't complete...
Please try to describe the window issue and post a screenshot.  Also, post a screenshot of your configuration window (settings) for Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools.  For screenshots, I go to imgbox.com.  Upload the pic as family safe and 350x350 resized (not box!).  After uploading the screenshot on imgbox, copy and paste the contents from the BB-Code box here.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
@boroda74:

I was trying to make a new preset and botched the regex by putting a { instead of a (.  When I tried to preview it, it crashed MusicBee complete, with this error:

Code
4/25/16 10:58:56 PM - 10.0.10586.0 - 3.0.5959.35156 - System.ArgumentException: parsing "phc_(\d{4})(\d{2}){\d{2})_.*" - Too many )'s.
   at System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexParser.ScanRegex()
   at System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexParser.Parse(String re, RegexOptions op)
   at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex..ctor(String pattern, RegexOptions options, TimeSpan matchTimeout, Boolean useCache)
   at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Matches(String input, String pattern, RegexOptions options)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AdvancedSearchAndReplacePlugin.Replace(String value, String searchedPattern, String replacedPattern, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean& match)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AdvancedSearchAndReplacePlugin.SetReplacedTag(String currentFile, Plugin tagToolsPluginParam, AdvancedSearchAndReplacePlugin plugin, Int32 searchedTagId, Int32 replacedTagId, String searchedPattern, String replacedPattern, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean append, String& searchedTagValue, String& replacedTagValue, String& originalReplacedTagValue)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AdvancedSearchAndReplacePlugin.GetReplacedTags(String currentFile, Plugin tagToolsPluginParam, AdvancedSearchAndReplacePlugin plugin, Preset presetParam)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AdvancedSearchAndReplacePlugin.previewChanges()
   at MusicBeePlugin.PluginWindowTemplate.serializedOperation()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

boroda

@psychoadept, yes its known issue that regex syntax should be perfectly correct. i haven't fixed this because it seems that almost nobody creates asr presets by himself (and my presets are well  tested). if its important for you i could fix this.