Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917546 times)

theta_wave

Hmmm, a number of GUI elements with this plugin are non-responsive.  I unpacked the contents of the latest build <MB>\Plugins.  Even though I'm using MB as a standard user in Windows 7, I granted myself full access rights to the MusicBee directory and its subdirectories.

For example, the scroll bar in "Auto Library Reports" doesn't respond to any left click-and-hold, thus I cannot scroll through the tag fields.  The advance search and replace doesn't respond to any input.

EDIT: Nevermind.  NB: Uncheck "Use skin colors" under Appearance in its Settings menu.  Skin used: DarkRED Flat.

evil_mani-mani

@boroda74

In the most recent ASR version some bug might have entered. Please check.
In the preset Add up to 2 leading zeros in track numbers I tried to change (example)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
The result shown in the preview is correct (only added an extra zero from 1-9)
But the final result included:
010 011 012 013 014

In earlier versions this was not the case, I used the preset 100's of times.
Please inform when an update is available. Thanks.

I'm still running into this issue with the latest version, is there any fix for this?

boroda

i cant reproduce this and nothing was changed with this asr preset for ages. the only suggestion is that tags are NOT really 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14, i mean that there may be some hidden special characters. try to reenter manually 12 or 13 (etc) for 1 track and check if something changed.

evil_mani-mani

Yeah, It's odd, so I had the 'Add two leading zeros...' preset enabled, and if I try to manually change a double digit track, say 12, the preset will automatically change it to 012. I don't currently have any other presets enabled. This also occurs if I use the 'Auto-tag by Album' option, tracks 1-9 will properly have the leading zero added, but 10+ will have a 3rd digit added (010, 011, etc.)

Also I tried applying the manual search and replace filter to a list of tracks that already had double digit track numbers (01 to 13), the preview shows that it wouldn't make any changes to the track numbers, but when I applied it, all the tracks gained an additional leading zero (001, 002, 003, .... 013). Cheers.
Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 12:26:48 AM by evil_mani-mani

phred

• Global Moderator
@boroda74-

Are you able to make the ATRT plugin window persistent?  It always opens towards the upper left and I drag it do the right.  I'd like it to stay where I put it.  Or is this something Steven has to do?

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

all plugin command windows very long time remembers their sixes and positions (i've just checked this and all is working fine here). may be plugin setting file is read-only? also try to close plugin windows by clicking 'close' button (not 'X' button in window caption).

phred

• Global Moderator
all plugin command windows very long time remembers their sixes and positions (i've just checked this and all is working fine here). may be plugin setting file is read-only? also try to close plugin windows by clicking 'close' button (not 'X' button in window caption).
I'm not finding that to be the case.  The DLL is not read-only and I click Save and Close to exit.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

no, not dll, 'mb_TagTools.Settings.xml' in AppData folder. have just rechecked this issue by clicking 'Save & Close' button (suggest that you mean asr window), for me all is fine. i could give you a debug version later, but first check read-only status of settings file.

phred

• Global Moderator
no, not dll, 'mb_TagTools.Settings.xml' in AppData folder. have just rechecked this issue by clicking 'Save & Close' button (suggest that you mean asr window), for me all is fine. i could give you a debug version later, but first check read-only status of settings file.
Sorry about that.  No, the .xml is not read-only either.

I tried to post an animated GIF showing that Advanced Search & Replace always opens in the same place despite being dragged to another part of the MB window, but while the GIF got posted, it's not animated.  If you'd like to see it let me know and I'll PM you a link to it.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
PM sent

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

i'll try to prepare a debug plugin version tomorrow. 1st step of debugging is very easy, but now its too late in moscow.

phred

• Global Moderator
i'll try to prepare a debug plugin version tomorrow. 1st step of debugging is very easy, but now its too late in moscow.
No hurry on my side.  Get to it when you have the time available.  And thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

i've made minor change in plugin, which may help or may not. also in debug version log dialogs will be popped up every time you open/close any plugin window. install debug version, open asr window, ignore log dialog this time. move asr window, then close asr window, write down 3 numbers from log dialog. open asr again, write down 3 numbers. repeat opening/moving/closing asr window again. post these numbers here if asr window doesn't remember its position.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cddfse2fu218qad/mb_TagTools_2016-02-26.zip

phred

• Global Moderator
i've made minor change in plugin, which may help or may not.
It certainly did help.  The ASR window is now behaving as expected and staying in its assigned position.  :-)

also in debug version log dialogs will be popped up every time you open/close any plugin window. install debug version, open asr window, ignore log dialog this time. move asr window, then close asr window, write down 3 numbers from log dialog. open asr again, write down 3 numbers. repeat opening/moving/closing asr window again. post these numbers here if asr window doesn't remember its position.
The three numbers were the same when opening or closing multiple times.  991:231:768.  The only time the numbers differed was when I tried closing with the exit X (upper right corner) instead of the Save/Close button.  These were 616:403:768.  But even exiting that way the window position stayed persistent.

Thanks for taking care of this so quickly.  Will there be a non-debug version coming soon so I don't have to see the debug numbers any more?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki