Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 963331 times)

bkev

Thanks @boroda and @tjinc

I installed the latest version and it did fix the error and the scroll bars but the top set of buttons were just squares without icons in them.

I've rolled back to the previous version and changed the theme to dark and it seems OK without the error.

boroda

I installed the latest version and it did fix the error and the scroll bars but the top set of buttons were just squares without icons in them.

i'm aware of this:

i've fixed this bug in the sense of the plugin not throwing exception anymore, but i still need to improve support for very light skins. now scroll bars are invisible, e.g. for MusicBee3 and Windows Theme (for Win10 Light mode) skins.

phred

• Global Moderator
@boroda...

Using AT&RT 8.2.8915.27463 with MB 3.6.8913P

When I readjust the column width in ASR, complete a preset function, and click "Save All & Close" they do not remain persistent. I noticed this behavior in "Remove leading zeros in <Tag 1> - 2" and Remove leading zeros in <Tag 1> - 1". It may be occurring in others, but I test five or six and they were okay. So far only the two presets I mentioned aren't remaining persistent.

Thanks.

Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

@phred, could you be more specific? what do you mean by "persistent"?

but better try the new plugin version first because many bugs have been fixed.

---------

* Numerous bug fixes (mostly UI/UX related, but not only), e.g., support for skin colors of the very light skins is fixed
* Some UI/UX improvements

version 8.2 (for MB 3.6):

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

full plugin package 8.1 (for MB 3.5):

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dm3rhfze89n3qwi/Additional-Tagging-Tools-Plugin.zip/file

phred

• Global Moderator
@phred, could you be more specific? what do you mean by "persistent"?

but better try the new plugin version first because many bugs have been fixed.
Following your suggestion, I downloaded and installed the .dll and launched MB. Tools > AT&RT does absolutely nothing - menu appears. I exited and restarted MB with the same result. I checked the time-stamp of the .dll and is today's. Preferences > Plugins > AT&RT > configure throws this:
Code
MusicBee v3.6.8913.35323P  (Win10.0), 31 May 2024 17:43:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.PluginWindowTemplate.Display(PluginWindowTemplate newForm, Boolean modalForm)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.Configure(IntPtr panelHandle)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at #=z4fqYztzIq0E6p5p5hw==.#=zf$Qyar8=(IntPtr #=zYI7ln049Ht2w)

By "persistent" I mean that the column widths do not stay put between sessions. Using either of the two presets I mentioned, I click Preview, adjust the column widths and "Save and Close." When I open it up again, the column widths are not what I set them to.

Hope this helps.

Thanks boroda.

EDIT: Rolled back to 8.2.8915.27463 and it loads and works, but that's version I on which I noticed the column widths weren't sticking.
I also noticed that on today's version, Tools > AT&RT doesn't show the right-facing triangle.
Last Edit: May 31, 2024, 10:54:40 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

column widths of ASR, and source/destination tags of all command are saved upon clicking "proceed" button. this has been implemented this way always, from the beginning.

but maybe i must reconsider this approach. what do you (and maybe others) think about this?

----

i'll look at the new reported bug tomorrow.

phred

• Global Moderator
column widths of ASR, and source/destination tags of all command are saved upon clicking "proceed" button. this has been implemented this way always, from the beginning.
I'm not seeing this behavior in 8.2.8915.27463. I change the width of the panel and select 'proceed' and then 'close' OR change the width of the panel and select 'save all & close' and the column width reverts back to what it was previously.

Ah HAH!! I just tried a different preset with this same version and after I changed the column width and clicked 'proceed' and the 'close' and I received a warning that 'one or more presets has ... Do you want to save the changes before closing...' That warning does not show up on the two 'remove leading zeros...' presets I first mentioned. But even when I say 'yes' to the warning prompt and reopen ASR, the column widths have reverted back to where they were previously.

but maybe i must reconsider this approach. what do you (and maybe others) think about this?
I really have no preference as long as it works (stays as I set it) and is consistent. But I do think it's important that if a user changes something in a preset a warning should be shown asking if the changes should be saved or not.

i'll look at the new reported bug tomorrow.
Thanks. I don't know if this will help, but you'll see that there's no right-facing triangle...

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

Following your suggestion, I downloaded and installed the .dll and launched MB. Tools > AT&RT does absolutely nothing - menu appears. I exited and restarted MB with the same result. I checked the time-stamp of the .dll and is today's. Preferences > Plugins > AT&RT > configure throws this:
Code
MusicBee v3.6.8913.35323P  (Win10.0), 31 May 2024 17:43:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.PluginWindowTemplate.Display(PluginWindowTemplate newForm, Boolean modalForm)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.Configure(IntPtr panelHandle)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at #=z4fqYztzIq0E6p5p5hw==.#=zf$Qyar8=(IntPtr #=zYI7ln049Ht2w)

try new version.

full plugin package 8.1 (for MB 3.5):

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dm3rhfze89n3qwi/Additional-Tagging-Tools-Plugin.zip/file

phred

• Global Moderator
try new version.
Downloaded and installed 8.2.8918.20969. Reaching the menu via Tools > AT&RT works now. Thank you.

I don't know if you had time to look at the column issue, but if you did, the column widths still do not remain where I placed them after doing a Proceed > Close nor when doing a Save All & Close.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

I'm not seeing this behavior in 8.2.8915.27463. I change the width of the panel and select 'proceed' and then 'close' OR change the width of the panel and select 'save all & close' and the column width reverts back to what it was previously.

column widths are saved as column width weights respectful to the sum of widths of all columns, i.e. columns are always auto-sized, but according to their weights. resizing the entire ASR window won't change saved column widths.

P.S. you may experience not obvious auto changing column widths on resizing ASR window, if the number of displayed columns (columns that fit current ASR window width) varies.

P.P.S. If you manually change a preset column widths without resizing ASR window, click "proceed", then click "save all & close", then preset column widths must be restored as they were last time on the next preset usage.
Last Edit: June 01, 2024, 04:22:13 PM by boroda

phred

• Global Moderator
column widths are saved as column width weights respectful to the sum of widths of all columns, i.e. columns are always auto-sized, but according to their weights. resizing the entire ASR window won't change saved column widths.
Is this new behavior? I can certainly live with this, but the behavior is not what I remember.

Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

actually, not too new, but it's not the original behavior.

phred

• Global Moderator
actually, not too new, but it's not the original behavior.
Ahhh ... thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

so_la_la

Hi,
I installed the latest version of your plugin in MB 3.5.
when I try to install the preset options I get "111 preset failed to install due to file read error or wrong format".
I have been following the READ ME-instructions. Maybe there is something else I have to copy or move?
Thanks for your support!

EDIT Oh, the "import"-command seems to do the job!
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

so_la_la

...but there is something wrong with the "copy tags to clipboard"-command. This command used to show an options window but no longer does so. How can I get this behaviour back?
Now it shows some presets that could be predefined. This would imply that you always carry out the same operation (useless for me). Alternatively there is an option available that copies all tags to the clipboard?
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage