Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 932311 times)

Messiaen

i didn't think that somebody has more than a couple of custom presets, so haven't implemented preset migration mechanism.
Actually I was just joking - while I have more than "a couple" of presets, rebuilding them again gave me a chance to fix a couple of grouping inaccuracies, so all good.

i'd uploaded the plugin several times during last night, maybe i've already fixed this bug.
Yep, that was it - seems to work now (odd, both versions were 5.7.8440).  Isn't it some kind of programmer's sin to upload changes without modifying the build number?   :)

i'll enlarge vertical size of preset list.
Maybe not enlarge it so much, just allow custom presets to sit "above" the default ones?  I would think a user would be more interested in revisiting the ones they make themselves rather than the default/example presets (except at first, of course).

Speaking of lists, knowing how much people seem to be upset by little things, I might point out that the descenders are cut-off on the font used in the tag-selection list.

Lastly, as a suggestion, when creating a new preset, the "Save field to tag..." always defaults to <Date Created> for some reason.  Wouldn't it be better if it defaulted to <Null> on the odd chance that someone creates a preset but forgets to assign this part properly then executes it?  At least <Null> won't change anything accidentally.

I curiously seem to miss the old "Update/Save Preset" button, since making a preset is often a multi-stage thing, it was nice to be able to "save it" without actually having to "Save & Close" at the same time.  I know that it doesn't really matter (it would all be saved at the end anyway), but I was so used to clicking that button that it's weird it's gone.  Then again, I'm funny that way, so don't think too hard on it.  ;)
Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 10:00:43 PM by Messiaen

boroda

...(odd, both versions were 5.7.8440).  Isn't it some kind of programmer's sin to upload changes without modifying the build number?   :)
last 4 digits are the auto-generated build number. it's the number of days between build date and 01/01/2000. i've added to plugin version revision number (several digits after build number), it's also auto-generated and somehow relates to build time (i don't know what they exactly mean). also, the plugin version is now displayed at the bottom of plugin menu.

ASR, MSR and LR windows are now split to resizable top and bottom parts. unfortunately, i've failed to make splitter bar visible, but cursor will be changed over splitter.

Speaking of lists, knowing how much people seem to be upset by little things, I might point out that the descenders are cut-off on the font used in the tag-selection list.

i've increased vertical spacing for this list.

Lastly, as a suggestion, when creating a new preset, the "Save field to tag..." always defaults to <Date Created> for some reason.  Wouldn't it be better if it defaulted to <Null> on the odd chance that someone creates a preset but forgets to assign this part properly then executes it?  At least <Null> won't change anything accidentally.
it's just the 1st item in the destination tag list selected, this tag list is sorted alphabetically. earlier 1st item was <null>, later i've added <date created> pseudo-tag, which became the 1st. not a problem, i've set default item explicitly to <null>.

I curiously seem to miss the old "Update/Save Preset" button, since making a preset is often a multi-stage thing, it was nice to be able to "save it" without actually having to "Save & Close" at the same time.  I know that it doesn't really matter (it would all be saved at the end anyway), but I was so used to clicking that button that it's weird it's gone.  Then again, I'm funny that way, so don't think too hard on it.  ;)

previously, clicking "save preset" button only "saved" preset to ram, you anyway had to click "save all & close" to really save preset (all modified presets). now just click "copy preset" and continue editing the copy.

--------------------------------

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

hiccup

$ALR(<URL>,function_id) virtual tag function is renamed to $LR(<URL>,function_id).
At this very moment I don't recall what these functions do, but there was &ALR and $ASR.
Just from a 'reading' standpoint they look nice together ;-)
And users may have gotten used to them.
Are you sure it is a good idea to rename $ALR to $LR, and keep $ASR as it is?

boroda

yes  8) because $ASR stands for Advanced Search & Replace and $ALR for Auto Library Reports, which doesn't exist anymore (i've merged ALR and LR commands into united LR one).

boroda

thanks.

you forgot to change 2nd post (which contains function explanations/examples) on cheatseet topic.

hiccup

you forgot to change 2nd post (which contains function explanations/examples) on cheatseet topic.
fixed

boroda

Maybe not enlarge it so much, just allow custom presets to sit "above" the default ones?  I would think a user would be more interested in revisiting the ones they make themselves rather than the default/example presets (except at first, of course).

copy your existing user presets, they will be placed at top of preset list, and delete original presets (at the end of list).

copies of new user presets will be inserted right below the original presets, copies of predefined presets will be placed at the top of the preset list.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

Messiaen

copy your existing user presets, they will be placed at top of preset list, and delete original presets (at the end of list).

That was surprisingly painless - thanks for that, and thank you for all your recent work on this, your baby is growing up nicely.  ;)

Messing with the build number seems to have altered the spacing a bit at the bottom of the settings menu - it's a little out of whack.

...it's the number of days between build date and 01/01/2000

Off-topic: And sure enough, there have been 8442 days since.  Is this something Visual Studio does?  I love weird metrics... my personal favourite is how Windows API derives timestamps - filetimes in Windows are actually stored as the number of 100-nano-second intervals since January 1st in the year 1601. Yes, the 17th-century, as in 400 years ago - older than Bach!  For the curious, 100-nano-seconds is basically 1/10,000th of a millisecond - so the accumulated (dare I say 'aggregated'?  ;) ) number of them in the last 4 centuries amounts to - well, a heck of a lot; we can be glad that number's not used as a build metric.  :)

boroda

That was surprisingly painless - thanks for that, and thank you for all your recent work on this, your baby is growing up nicely.  ;)

i'd forgotten to change "new preset" action, it should have moved new preset to the top of the list instead of bottom. redownload plugin.

Messing with the build number seems to have altered the spacing a bit at the bottom of the settings menu - it's a little out of whack.

damn, haven't checked english settings window. i'll fix it, but now plugin version is also shown in at the bottom of plugin menu.

Off-topic: And sure enough, there have been 8442 days since.  Is this something Visual Studio does?  

yes, of course, i wouldn't calculate this manually  ;D actually i can set build number manually to any 32-bit int, but it's too tedious to manually increment this number on every build.

I love weird metrics... my personal favourite is how Windows API derives timestamps - filetimes in Windows are actually stored as the number of 100-nano-second intervals since January 1st in the year 1601. Yes, the 17th-century, as in 400 years ago - older than Bach!  For the curious, 100-nano-seconds is basically 1/10,000th of a millisecond - so the accumulated (dare I say 'aggregated'?  ;) ) number of them in the last 4 centuries amounts to - well, a heck of a lot; we can be glad that number's not used as a build metric.  :)

yeah, it's a bit odd system ;) but it's not so bad to quickly (and approximately) compare 2 different builds. <build number difference>/7 = # of weeks, <build number difference>/30 = # of months, etc  8)

personally, i would prefer is if the build number was just the 6-digit YYMMDD date, if expressed as decimal number.

phred

• Global Moderator
@boroda-

Suggestion for the ASR warning regarding presets that are ticked for auto-applying...
- Instead of a "reddish" color for the warning, make it red. Or more red. Or redder. I barely notice the change from black to the warning color.

- Change the wording of the warning to "PRESETS ARE TICKED AND WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY (or AUTO-) APPLIED:" (If enough space use "AUTOMATICALLY APPLIED:" otherwise use "AUTO-APPLIED:"

- if at all possible, only change the sentence with the warning to red and not the instructions preceding the warning.

I will be sending you a PM with my updates to the readme shortly.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

nsd3

It's not working at all for me.  The instructions work fine until I get to this part:
Open MusicBee. From the menubar > Tools > Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools > Advanced Search & Replace > Click "Install All"
I get an unexpected error with the following info (note I've placed the error messages right at the bottom of this reply).  If I use the import button instead of the Install button, I can include the presets, but they don't work.  I can't even save and close.  Any help appreciated.

MusicBee v3.4.8033.18564D  (Win10.0), 13 Feb 2023 17:28:

System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.EmulateFileIOPermissionChecks(String fullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AdvancedSearchAndReplaceCommand.install(Boolean installAll)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AdvancedSearchAndReplaceCommand.buttonInstallAll_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

hiccup

It's not working at all for me.
You are using an older version of MusicBee.
Check the first topic in the first board topic to update to 3.5

I'm not saying it will definitely solve your problem, but both MusicBee and the AT&RT plugin have been under a lot of development since.
So make sure you are using both the latest MB version, and the latest AT&RT version. Either one being an older version can cause issues.

phred

• Global Moderator
There was a new AT&RT version released within the  past few days, so start at the end of the plugin's thread and work backwards. It will be on the last or next to last page.

As for MB version, the recent development of the plugin (starting a couple of months ago) requires the use of 3.5.x, as hiccup said.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here