Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 935602 times)

boroda

I am pretty sure I got the "problem" present from someone who posted it here in this thread, but I may be mistaken.
it's very likely it was me  :) (i'm not sure, though). and later, i have added it to predefined pack, because it was more useful than original preset:

Extract artists from track title and add them to the (Guest) 'Artist' tag - 'Title <Custom text 1> <Artist1> <Custom text 2> <Artist2>' format

Messiaen

Hmm... just updated to .8405 and none of the hotkeys for presets (normal or custom) seem to work.  I deleted them all (and verified that they were removed from the hotkey-list), then re-added them (the usual way), and they reappeared in the list as expected, and I assigned keys to them again.

But nothing happens to selected items when the hotkeys keys are hit.  The presets work fine when used manually from the ASR screen itself, but not via hotkeys.  I've restarted MB multiple times (with and without the plugin to refresh it), but nothing seems to help.

They all worked fine before you went mad on this recent updating binge.  :)

And while I'm thinking of it, would it be possible for ASR to show a message on MB's status-bar when a hotkey is pressed (like "ASR: Applied Lower-Case Preset" or something daft like that)?  I have a few custom presets which modify things (custom tags) which have no visual cues when changed, and having a message would give the user an indication that something actually happened.

hiccup

hotkeys must be handled correctly now.
Not for me, a wrong preset still sometimes gets triggered, and some preset hotkeys don't work at all.

P.S.
Could you provide a download link to the last December version?
I don't have it anymore and would like to use it until these issues are resolved.

edit:
The results of this 'test set' I am using might be helpful in figuring things out:

Ctrl+1 triggers rating to ★★ (instead of ★)
Ctrl+2 triggers rating to ★★★ (instead of ★★)
Ctrl+3 triggers rating to ★★★★ (instead of ★★★)
Ctrl+4 triggers rating to ★★★★★ (instead of ★★★★)

Both Ctrl+5 and Ctrl+0 do nothing
Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 07:00:34 PM by hiccup

phred

• Global Moderator
In an attempt to save boroda a little time, here is a link to mb_TagTools_5.5.8400 which I believe is the last release of 2022..
https://www.mediafire.com/file/hsvrof59i5x1k5p/mb_TagTools_5.5.8400.zip/file
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

In an attempt to save boroda a little time, here is a link to mb_TagTools_5.5.8400 which I believe is the last release of 2022..
Thanks phred! My presets are working fine again with this version.

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks phred! My presets are working fine again with this version.
Happy to help.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

And while I'm thinking of it, would it be possible for ASR to show a message on MB's status-bar when a hotkey is pressed (like "ASR: Applied Lower-Case Preset" or something daft like that)?  
this had been implemented from the beginning, but the status-bar message was cleared after applying ASR preset, and became unnoticeable if you apply preset to only a few tracks (it was cleared too quickly). i've removed status-bar message clearing.  

Hmm... just updated to .8405 and none of the hotkeys for presets (normal or custom) seem to work.  I deleted them all (and verified that they were removed from the hotkey-list), then re-added them (the usual way), and they reappeared in the list as expected, and I assigned keys to them again.

Not for me, a wrong preset still sometimes gets triggered, and some preset hotkeys don't work at all.

it's even strange that it somehow worked ever at all. there was a blunder. internal counter of all hotkeys was shifted by 1, and this internal counter very vaguely related (and relates, it's by design) to any display order of presets/hotkeys. i hope, it's fixed:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file
Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 09:07:18 PM by boroda

hiccup

I'm glad my example seems to have been useful to solve the issue indeed.

Messiaen

Well, almost solved: the hotkeys invoke the correct preset, but only to the first selected item; if I select 11 songs to tag, the first is processed as expected, but the other 10 are ignored. :(

hiccup

Well, almost solved: the hotkeys invoke the correct preset, but only to the first selected item; if I select 11 songs to tag, the first is processed as expected, but the other 10 are ignored. :(
Confirmed, same here.

boroda

I'm glad my example seems to have been useful to solve the issue indeed.
yes, thank you for your observations.

another very stupid bug is fixed:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

we are getting closer and closer to the stable version  ;D

boroda

i've marked this as a beta because of insufficient testing, but actually i've just made some code refactoring and now status bar messages about (auto)applied preset(s) are cleared after 5 secs:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/m6jo0wczobidwkp/mb_TagTools_beta.zip/file

Messiaen

Thanks for this - hotkey problems appear to be fixed.  And thanks for the status-messages, not too obtrusive and much more informative than just "hoping something happened".  :)

boroda

And thanks for the status-messages, not too obtrusive and much more informative than just "hoping something happened".  :)
do you mean "beta" (where messages disappear after 5 secs) or "latest" version?

Messiaen

As I just downloaded it, I'd assumed they were one and the same thing (.8406).

Honestly, I think 5 seconds to be a bit short, considering if you apply a preset to (for example) a thousand files at once, the message doesn't show up until after the task is done (which can take up to 5 or 10 seconds), so immediate notification would be my preference (with longer display time) - but I doubt many users regularly do that sort of thing.  (It works, that's the main thing!)

If you can stand yet another comment about the UI... my 2-cents suggests that having 3 different "import" buttons is not great design (don't worry, I've developed tools myself and I know it's impossible to keep users happy about UI design, so it's not a criticism, just an observation).

However, now that you've settled on single-click to activate checkboxes, it'd be nice if double-click could be employed for "Rename / Edit", as that's a function I use most and searching for a button (impractically placed next to "Delete") to edit something repeatedly (as happens with RegEx's!) was always awkward.  It's also generally the default for list-view d-click's.  But again, it's not a criticism - maybe others don't spend as much time editing presets as I do.  ;)

But yeah, three different imports?  Behind hiccup's observations that ASR had a somewhat confusing interface, I'd say it can border on downright intimidating for newcomers despite your best efforts (the new tooltips are welcome, though, as is the move away from CLSID nomenclature!).
Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 08:36:22 AM by Messiaen