Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 934706 times)

hiccup

I'm not able to do in-depth testing, but I am noticing issues with the latest update.

- when using keyboard shortcuts for AT&RT presets, sometimes the wrong preset gets applied

- importing presets doesn't work
  (maybe due to to a discrepancy between the use of ".asr-preset.xml" and "ASR Preset.xml"?)

phred

• Global Moderator
If I'm doing this correctly, I can confirm that importing presets does nothing.

I copied over the .dll to the plugins directory > opened MB > opened AS&R > import all and nothing happens. And the previously ticked presets were not kept ticked.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

- when using keyboard shortcuts for AT&RT presets, sometimes the wrong preset gets applied
i'll look at it.

(maybe due to to a discrepancy between the use of ".asr-preset.xml" and "ASR Preset.xml"?)
now only presets having new format are imported if any of them exists in import folder ("plugins\asr presets"), old format presets will be imported if no new format presets exist in that folder. just delete all old format presets from "pluins\asr presets" folder. presets in "appdata\asr presets" folder will be auto-converted to new format on any preset saving inside ASR. "import new" now is having very strict meaning, i.e. no presets, which content is not updated since last import, will be imported. "import all" should work as usual.

boroda

phred

• Global Moderator
@phred, hiccup, have you redownloaded fixed version from that my post?
Yes, I downloaded from the link in Reply # 2761.

I have no "ASR Presets" under the Plugins directory after trying the new version and running "import all" and "import new." My presets are in, and have been in, MusicBee\AppData\ASR Presets. The ZIP contains 111 presets. I have 8 custom presets. There are a total of 119 presets in AppData\ASR Presets.

I  will download again and report back.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

I have no "ASR Presets" under the Plugins directory after trying the new version and running "import all" and "import new." My presets are in, and have been in, MusicBee\AppData\ASR Presets. The ZIP contains 111 presets. I have 8 custom presets. There are a total of 119 presets in AppData\ASR Presets.
both "importing" buttons will import ASR presets only from "mb folder\plugins\asr presets" folder or from "mb appdata\plugins\asr presets" folder. you may not import presets at all (no new presets are included in latest plugin zip). old format presets should be working fine, and they will be automatically converted to new format if you open ASR, and click "save all" or "save all & close". but conversion of presets to new format is not necessary.

boroda

@phred:  close mb, backup all your presets, delete all presets having new format (*.asr-preset.xml) from "mb appdata\asr presets" folder, open mb, open ASR, click "save all". all your presets including custom presets will be converted to new format.

in the future, you can update the plugin and asr presets in any way you find convenient.

phred

• Global Moderator
@phred:  close mb, backup all your presets, delete all presets having new format (*.asr-preset.xml)

in the future, you can update the plugin and asr presets in any way you find convenient.
Great minds think alike. I just did as you suggested and all the presets are converted and present. There is one custom preset that won't import or convert. Would you be willing to take a look at it? I can zip it and upload it to MediaFire. No rush whatsoever.

Everything else seems to be working as expected. Thank you.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

@phred, i've made various bug fixes.

hotkeys must be handled correctly now.

also, any mixture of old format and new format presets can be either placed directly to "mb appdata\asr presets" folder (it's working folder for ASR), or copied to one of possible installation folders: "mb install folder\plugins\asr presets" or "mb appdata\plugins\asr presets", and then imported in ASR.

in case, if there are some duplicated presets (e.g. one "old format" preset and one "new format" preset) the duplicates will be automatically removed.

phred, try to convert the problem preset by new plugin version, but if new version also fails, then pm this preset.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

phred

• Global Moderator
phred, try to convert the problem preset by new plugin version, but if new version also fails, then pm this preset.
I'll give this newest version a shot tomorrow and let you know if the preset automatically converts. The problem so far has been when I imported -all- the presets (stock and custom) all but the problem one installed and ASR threw a "one preset did not import" (or something close to that.) No matter what directory I place the problem custom preset it hasn't imported automatically. When I click 'import' and navigate to the folder where it is, the file picker doesn't show it because the picker is looking for ".asr-preset.xml" while the problem file is ".ASR Preset.xml"

I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
Using 5.5.8404 I extracted the dll and placed it in the plugins directory. I then placed the problem custom preset in \AppData\ASR Presets. Note that this has an extension of .ASR Preset.xml. I opened MB, opened ASR and clicked on "import new" and got this error. Note that it's looking for the presets under the Plugins directory, while your most recent reply states they could go under AppData.

I noticed that while the time stamp on the problem preset had not changed, the extension did change to .asr-preset.xml, so I selected 'import' and got this error:

I then moved MusicBee\AppData\ASR Presets to \MusicBee\Plugins\ASR Presets, I placed the problem preset, with its original extension (.ASR Preset.xml) in the "new" presets directory and launched MB, followed by opening ASR which showed no presets. I clicked 'import all' and 117 of the 118 presets were imported. The one that did not import is the problem one. And this time the file extension did not change to the new format.

With the presets in Plugins\ASR Presets each time I launch MB and open ASR the presets are missing and I have to 'import new.' [EDIT: This may be because I failed to 'Save All & Close'] For the time being, I moved them back to under the AppData directory and things are back to the way they were.

I will upload the problem preset to MediaFire and PM the link to you shortly.

Thanks.
Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 02:27:17 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

@phred, actually, there still was one bug related to preset import. it's fixed.

also, i've fixed one bug related to "copy tags to clipboard" command.

preset files naming is changed. now preset filenames are generated from preset friendly name rather than preset GUID. but some special characters (illegal for filename) in preset name can be removed or replaced by other characters on generating preset filename.

p.s. i've received your pm, and will look at problem preset soon.

-------------------

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

boroda

@phred, your "problem" preset is an exact copy of the predefined preset:

Extract artists from track title and add them to the 'Artist' tag - 'Title <Custom text 1> <Artist1> <Custom text 2> <Artist2>' format

i see no differences. but if you still want to import/convert it, just click "import" button in ASR window (not "import new", not "import all"), browse to the folder with your exported or backed up preset, and enter "*.*" in filename field at the bottom of file open dialog (to show ALL files of ANY type in selected folder). this way you can import both new format and old format presets.

phred

• Global Moderator
@boroda-

.8405 has resolved everything. Changing the filenames to "user-friendly" filenames is a great change.

I am pretty sure I got the "problem" present from someone who posted it here in this thread, but I may be mistaken. The fact that it is an exact duplicate of a stock preset took the pressure off me fighting to get in installed. Thanks for the *.* tip with the file picker.

Once again, keep up the great work.

Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki