Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 930121 times)

boroda

I actually searched through all 177 pages of this thread before I posted originally, and the "documentation" for \@replace amounts to a single example when you first added it, no other details.  
it's because this is the service function for use by msr only, i've documented some more "generic" asr functions (which can be useful not only for preinstalled presets, but for custom presets also) on the 1st post on this topic.

phred

• Global Moderator
boroda...

Using plugin 5.4.8272 with MB 3.5.8276 P

I'm having some issues with two presets which have worked previously, but don't seem to be working as they did before. Both are "extract featuring artists and add the to the guest artist tag.

Both of them do add the featured artist(s) to Guest Artist as expected.
But both of them now remove the featured artist(s) from the title while previously they were left as part of the title.
The first of the two leaves a "(" as part of the title and removes everything that follows.

Please let me know if you need more info to correct the functionality of these two presets.

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

Both of them do add the featured artist(s) to Guest Artist as expected.
But both of them now remove the featured artist(s) from the title while previously they were left as part of the title.
it's strange that this ever has been working for you this way. copy required preset and erase search/replace patterns in step 3. save the copy and use it instead of the original preset. your custom presets (including copies of original presets) won't be deleted/overwritten on plugin update.

The first of the two leaves a "(" as part of the title and removes everything that follows.
i cant reproduce this. could you post here exact title of track in question?

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks boroda. I will admit that I haven't used this particular preset in quite some time. But I assure you that it did work as intended previously.

I removed the criteria from step 3 and it now works as expected.

As for the lingering parenthesis, it was the -second- present that did that, not the first. I followed the same steps to fix this one and now the one remaining parenthesis is at the end of the last guest artist.

Before copying and changing step 3 on the second preset:

After applying the second preset and before copying and changing step 3:

After copying and changing step 3 and applying the second preset:

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

post text quotations of title tag, not screenshots. or better, pm me the problem track.

phred

• Global Moderator
PM with link sent

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

phred, i still can't reproduce your issue, but anyway i've found some bugs in these 4 'extract guest artists' presets. delete 2 your custom copies of presets, redownload plugin, update it, import new presets (it's even better to import all presets, but this will reset any settings you've made for predefined presets). test 2 updated presets on 1 test track. if they work as expected, copy 2 predefined presets and remove step 3 from copies.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

phred

• Global Moderator
- I exited MB and overwrote mb_TagTools.dll with the new version (5.4.8275.)

- I then launched MB, then ASR and deleted all the presets.

- Exited MB, copied all the presents from the ZIP to the ASR Presets directory, relaunched MB, and imported all presets.

- Using the same track I've been testing with I applied the first preset and it did not create any guest artists. I copied the preset and removed the criteria in step 3, tried again and it works as expected.

- Restored the tags as before and tried with the second preset. This removed the featured artists from the title leaving the title and an open parenthesis, created the guest artists, with the last one having a close parenthesis.

- Restored the tags as before, copied the reset removing step three and applied. This left the featured artists as part of the title, but still had a close parenthesis on the last of the guest artists.

Since the copied first preset works as I wish, I'm willing to consider this solved. However, if you want to continue troubleshooting, I'm more than happy to help.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

As for the lingering parenthesis, it was the -second- present that did that, not the first. I followed the same steps to fix this one and now the one remaining parenthesis is at the end of the last guest artist.
ahh, yes, sorry, haven't noticed this.

preset "Extract featuring artists from track title and add them to the (Guest) 'Artist' tag - 'Title <Custom text 1> <Artist1> <Custom text 2> <Artist2>' format" indeed treats parenthesis as parts of track title and last guest artist name.

Since the copied first preset works as I wish, I'm willing to consider this solved. However, if you want to continue troubleshooting, I'm more than happy to help.
it's intended behavior for 1st and 2nd presets. 1st preset stripes parenthesis, 2nd one must be applied when there are no parentheses in track title.

phred

• Global Moderator
it's intended behavior for 1st and 2nd presets. 1st preset stripes parenthesis, 2nd one must be applied when there are no parentheses in track title.
Ahhh!  Thanks for the clarification, boroda.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
@boroda...

If it's not too difficult, could you make the cursor appear in the search box whenever AS&R is launched?

I'm finding that I'm enabling auto-apply presents unintentionally because I'm expecting the cursor to be in the search box.

Thanks for considering.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

so_la_la

Could it be that this plugin overrides the MB option to not update the timestamp when making changes to files?
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

boroda

Could it be that this plugin overrides the MB option to not update the timestamp when making changes to files?
plugin is using mb api to update track tags. so it depends on mb behavior, but i'm pretty sure that mb api calls respect this setting.

try to disable this option and use for example 'copy tag' command on one track to copy any tag to tag stored in file (eg. some custom tags may not be stored in files). then check last modified time of that track.