Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 929663 times)

boroda

there was a very serious bug in initialization of Advanced search & replace (on plugin startup, without even using ASR). it's strange that nobody has reported it before you.

Baba

Hello, I just started using this plugin and for some reason it's not working. I'm trying to use the "Multiple Search & Replace..." feature. I'm trying to replace ";" in the "Artist (displayed)" tag in all songs with ",". I enter them both in their respective places, select the songs and hit "Proceed". It shows that it's done along with the sound-effect (I've selected the asterisk sound) but when i check the song, it hasn't been changed. I hit F5, restarted the app too but still no change.

I haven't tried with other fields yet. In the screenshots linked, i've only shown it on a single file but this happens to every file. The format of the files in question is FLAC.

Screenshot of the pop-up:

Screenshot of the final file in library:

hiccup

I'm trying to replace ";" in the "Artist (displayed)" tag in all songs with ",".
I am guessing there is something particular about 'Artist (displayed)'.
It's not even available as a tag using MusicBee's native: Tools > Tagging tools > Search and replace

boroda

@Baba, i'll check this. as a suggestion, mb parses "Displayed Artist" tag, and reformats it in some cases. but i'm not sure.

@hiccup, it's actually 'Displayed Artist' tag. I've changed its name due to localization issues at the time i made this functionality. now it's worth to change this tag name to mb native one, maybe i'll do this later.
Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 06:33:58 PM by boroda

hiccup

@hiccup, it's actually 'Displayed Artist' tag. I've changed its name due to localization issues at the time i made this functionality.
Ok. But Baba's screenshot says: 'Artist (displayed)'
And that's what is displayed when I tested this too.
(and neither 'Displayed artist' nor 'Artist (displayed) is available using MusicBee's native search and replace function)

Anyway, I'll shut up now. I am not sure what I am talking about, and I am confident you will figure things out.

boroda

@hiccup, i don't know why 'displayed artist' is not available in mb native search & replace, but you can find this field in multiple artist splitter in tag properties. this tag is always used to to represent track artist(s), but only if it is defined (i.e. if it is redefined by user compared to automatically generated value).

hiccup

Yeah, I know you can see it in the tag editor, and I know it is used (and is very useful) for displaying 'artist' in different situations/panels.
I just don't have a good understanding of the internal mechanics behind it. I believe that MusicBee writes it automatically when any other tag gets written.
I only mentioned this here because the tag seems to be something of an odd duck, and I thought it could perhaps be related to the issue that Baba raised.

boroda

@ Baba, mb has changed the way it writes multiple artists and displayed artist (using api) some time ago. now writing displayed artist will rewrite multiple artists (list of multiple artists is auto-generated by mb), and writing multiple artists will rewrite displayed artist (also, auto-generated by mb).  i can do nothing without Steven's help. i pm'ed him, let's wait for his answer.

boroda

@Baba

it's strange, but i can't reproduce this issue today. either i've changed something related in my code yesterday while i was testing the issue or something has been changed in mb latest patch. just to be sure that all is working as expected, redownload the latest plugin version (1) - anyway, i've fixed one bug yesterday - and update mb to the latest patch (2):

(1) https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file
(2) https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip

boroda

new version released:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

ASR presets now can be exported to/imported from any folder (to share your custom/adjusted standard presets with other people and/or to back up custom presets).

fbt78

Hello,
I downloaded the latest version (22-07-12).
The Library Reports function can no longer export the file. The file is still empty.
Can you fix the bug?
Thanks, it's urgent.

boroda

actually, i've found even more bugs in library reports command. download link is the same.

zpoison

Hello, when I use the ADV Tagging Tool: Search & Replace, the window which opens has the fonts black on "dark skin" I tried gray skins and I still cannot see (it's both the same contrast every time) I always have to use a white or a really pale skin to be able to see the letters

Here with the One-dark skin:
https://imgur.com/a/r9cFpbG

Here with the Midnight blue skin
https://imgur.com/a/swuQtkr

It seems to be working only with lighter themes
Is there a fix for this plz, thx