Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 935708 times)

bkev

Cool no problem I'll have a look into virtual tags cheers

I guess the advantage of doing it with the actual tags though is that is is saved to the music file which might be an advantage.
Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 12:18:52 PM by bkev

hiccup

I guess the advantage of doing it with the actual tags though is that is is saved to the music file which might be an advantage.
Both have their own advantage/disadvantage.

If you decide on using custom tags for it I am sure some users experienced with the Additional Tagging Tool can help you out.
It has a lot of presets build-in b.t.w., you could try one that fits the bill the most and adjust it to your requirements.

hiccup

What does TOY mean regarding the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools?

Surely somebody must know?

bkev

Both have their own advantage/disadvantage.

If you decide on using custom tags for it I am sure some users experienced with the Additional Tagging Tool can help you out.
It has a lot of presets build-in b.t.w., you could try one that fits the bill the most and adjust it to your requirements.

I did have a look but couldn't really figure it out in the find and replace and none of the presets seemed to quite fit.

It looks really powerful and all I would need would be something like:
If artist contains artist 1 or artist 2 or artist 3 etc etc, write Y to a custom tag called FavArtist.

But I couldn't really get it to work properly.

hiccup

Just curious, how many artists are we talking about here?

bkev

Just curious, how many artists are we talking about here?

Not that many - I'll probably just revert to using my smart playlist  :)

so_la_la

With me *MB v3.4 Win 10), the plug in's menu is unreadable with a dark skin because its text color won't change to white so it's white on white. Just sayin' - I know that maintaining involves a lot of work and I don't expect anything...
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

MayorQwert

Hey! Complete noobie here. How do I go about downloading and installing the plugin? I don't see a link for the most recent version or anything and there's quite a lot of posts to sift through!

alec.tron

Hey! Complete noobie here. How do I go about downloading and installing the plugin? I don't see a link for the most recent version or anything and there's quite a lot of posts to sift through!
On the official add on page afaik:
https://getmusicbee.com/addons/plugins/49/additional-tagging-amp-reporting-tools/

c.

MayorQwert

On the official add on page afaik:
https://getmusicbee.com/addons/plugins/49/additional-tagging-amp-reporting-tools/

c.
Thanks!

MayorQwert

I think I have a bug with $Random? It keeps adding a prefix and suffix segment when I ask for a number.

If I do anything 2 or lower, it will print D0#5 (# being the random number)
If I do anything up to 30 it will print D1<number>5.
If I do anything up to 315 it will print D2<number>5.
etc.

So for example, if I do "$Random(100) and the value is 57, it will print "D2575"

What's going on here?

phred

• Global Moderator
Not to dampen your spirit, but the developer of this plugin hasn't been on the forum since last May.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

MayorQwert

Not to dampen your spirit, but the developer of this plugin hasn't been on the forum since last May.
Ah well that's tragic! It's not a suuper big deal at least since you can use some functions to trim the first two and last digit off, at least! I was just curious if there was a reason for the extra characters.

Edit:
Yeah not too hard using the "CutLeft" and "CutRight" functions that are provided by the plugins.

Using this works for all potential max values:
$CutRight($CutLeft($Random(####),2),1)
Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 11:55:01 PM by MayorQwert

MayorQwert

Followup question about "Random"

Anybody here actually try using it for anything? It has a major flaw in that it refreshes every single time it is called, which wouldn't be a big deal except that that even extends into if you have an external virtual tag for it. I was hoping to use it for some logic but there's no way to call it and have it retain it's same value throughout an instance which would be required for using it with logic.

For example, if I have a virtual tag <Random10> that's a random between 0 and 9, and I try to have it do something different for each number response with a long series of If, else statements (or even discrete if/then statements for each case), like below:
$If(<Random10>=0,???,)
$If(<Random10>=1,???,)
etc.

It will sometimes output multiple values. Conversely, if I did one really large if/else that counts down I have majority of cases having it completely going to the bottom of the loop, since the function is being updated every time it is called because it might get updated with a value that matches one of the cases that was already failed...

Does anybody know a way to utilize this function for logic like this effectively? Am I just missing something? I hope so!  :(

MayorQwert

Hey I have a question for everyone with more experience with this tool. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way I can use the Automatic Library Reports feature to do the following:

Make a report that will work with the $ALR(<URL>,preset_id) function and, for any given track, check to see what tracks have been played, and sum up the duration for every track in the same album that has been played at least once (ideally using whatever criteria MusicBee does to group the tracks). My hope is that I can take this value, and use $SubDuration with the <Album Duration> to give me a track-by-track display of the time remaining before the album is finished for when I am shuffling by album.

virtual function id: timeplayed (is sum of TIME for all played tracks in a given track URL's album)

Track information field entry:
$SubDuration(<Album Duration>,$ALR(<URL>,timeplayed))

So if an album is 5 tracks and 14:30 total, and the play data looks like this:
Track 1: PLAYED         1:53
Track 2: PLAYED         4:20
Track 3: PLAYED         0:52
Track 4: PLAYING       4:25
Track 5: UNPLAYED   3:00

While playing Track 4
$ALR(<URL>,timeplayed) = 7:05

and therefore
$SubDuration(<Album Duration>,$ALR(<URL>,timeplayed)) = 7:25

Is such a thing possible?
Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 03:11:29 PM by MayorQwert