Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917385 times)

ryanemerson

Hello. New MB user. Hoping to get some help

Looking to paste tags I created in excel back into MB library

One of 2 error messages always occurs when use "Paste Tags from Clipboard" either pasting copied columns from excel, or when pasting from a .txt file. My library has 22,583 tracks, and I am selecting all tracks in MB, then "Paste Tags from Clipboard"

1) From .txt. file: The number of tags in clipboard (1) does not correspond to the number of selected tracks (63)

2) From excel spreadsheet: The number of tags in clipboard (22,584) does not correspond to the number of selected tracks (22,583)

I am not pasting headers from Excel.

When I add in an extra "fake" track in MB when pasting from Excel, I am back to error message #1

I have tried smaller chunks of the library, receiving the same results

Where I am going wrong?

Any help/advice I would be most grateful.

Thank you!

Jirachi

Hi everybody,

Is there any way to make MusicBee work like in iTunes, in that whenever the play count is changed, it doesn't keep having to modify the file? I have the Additonal Tagging Tools plug-in, which is supposed to update the playcount, but it never syncs up. It just adds the playcount under Tags (2) and modifies the file every single time I listen to it. And is there any simple way to sync play count between iTunes and MusicBee, besides converting the library to an iTunes one and keep importing it? Hope that makes sense.. Thanks!

boroda

Thanks boroda - all is well expect for the column width. It still does not remain persistent.
working fine here. but column widths are remembered only when you click 'proceed' button. of course click 'save & close' button after that.

phred

• Global Moderator
working fine here. but column widths are remembered only when you click 'proceed' button. of course click 'save & close' button after that.
I'm pretty sure I've done that, but will certainly do it again today. Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Zafar Iqbal

How is auto rating supposed to work? It writes to the costum fields, but I can't get it to rate.

boroda

How is auto rating supposed to work? It writes to the costum fields, but I can't get it to rate.
select all files in your library (ctrl+a), define what percentage of your library must have desired rating, setup tag to store autorating (it may be 'rating' tag or custom tag) , then click 'set ratings of selected files' button.

boroda

Another bug when running an msr custom preset via asr command.
When both tag 1 & tag 2 are "Lyrics", it doesn't work via asr command with any template. It doesn't change anything while msr command works just fine.
working fine for me:

boroda

Thanks boroda - all is well expect for the column width. It still does not remain persistent.
now you don't need to click 'apply' button to remember column widths:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

phred

• Global Moderator
now you don't need to click 'apply' button to remember column widths:
Thanks -VERY- much.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

i've added to all plugin commands new pseudo-tag: <File path>. it's path to file without filename itself and without ending backslash.

Zafar Iqbal

select all files in your library (ctrl+a), define what percentage of your library must have desired rating, setup tag to store autorating (it may be 'rating' tag or custom tag) , then click 'set ratings of selected files' button.

It's working now. Thanks!

The problem was auto ratings being set to be stored in Custom9. I must have changed it early on and not realizing rating wouldn't show up normally.

boroda

i've added new virtual tag function $Sqrt(number). it returns square root of input parameter. may be useful for gathering some library statics (in conjunction with ALR functions).

download link is the same.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
may be useful for gathering some library statics (in conjunction with ALR functions).

I know I'll find it useful  :)
Thank you boroda
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together