Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 932058 times)

boroda

also msr preset is now hidden in asr (i mean uploaded version).

redwing

Something's wrong with tag name. <Tag 1> and <Temp 1> are all shown as <1> in Preset Editor.
Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 02:00:53 AM by redwing

redwing

msr presets are not hidden in asr with the latest version. And why are you trying to hide them?
It's very useful to quickly edit the custom text using asr command window. Also if they are hidden, they can't be auto-applied or hotkeyed.
BTW hotkey still doesn't work for msr presets. If I press the hotkey, nothing happens unlike other asr presets.

boroda

Regarding this, please add <Folder Name> too. Also it would be great if you can make those three fields (path, folder name, filename that all MB supports) available in other commands as well (copy tag, asr, etc.). I know I can easily construct those using virtual tags, but I'm really short of virtual tag slots.
its done

Thanks, but you added <filename> and <folder>. <folder> seems <path> that MB supports and still there's no <folder name>. Different field names could confuse users. Can you support the same three fields just as MB does?

So for a file E:\Music\Pop\abc.mp3

Path: E:\Music\Pop
Folder Name: Pop
Filename: abc.mp3

Another issue: Copy/paste selected tags command doesn't work for any file properties. And can you add <Path> & <Filename> too? Currently it only supports <URL> (though it's not working now), so the user has to use virtual tags for those.
file properties are read-only. what do you mean by <URL> is not working? that its read-only? could you give me an example of what you are trying to do?

Try selecting all file property tags using copy selected tags command and paste it to a text file. It copies nothing.
Also, tag sets don't remember any file property tags. Include some property tags to a set, and if you open the set next time, file property tags are all excluded. Looks like the command doesn't support copying file property tags at all.

Of course they are read-only. I'm using this to get information of tracks or to compare a large number of tracks by pasting it to a text file.
But is it not possible to write Album Gain and Track Gain tags to files?

all these seem to be fixed:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

boroda

msr presets are not hidden in asr with the latest version. And why are you trying to hide them?
It's very useful to quickly edit the custom text using asr command window. Also if they are hidden, they can't be auto-applied or hotkeyed.
BTW hotkey still doesn't work for msr presets. If I press the hotkey, nothing happens unlike other asr presets.
i mean msr template preset only, not custom msr presets. template preset must be hidden to user doesn't change it accidently.

redwing

Now I can copy file property tags and RG tags can be copied to files as well. Thanks!

This is not fixed yet:

Something's wrong with tag name. <Tag 1> and <Temp 1> are all shown as <1> in Preset Editor.

boroda

its fixed. suggest that have forgotten to 'import new' presets.

redwing

After installing the new version, running asr command first time shows this error. Next time it works. Started from a few versions ago.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.AdvancedSearchAndReplaceCommand.InitializeComponent()
   at MusicBeePlugin.AdvancedSearchAndReplaceCommand..ctor(Plugin tagToolsPluginParam)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.asrEventHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

This is when you run msr command first:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.MultipleSearchReplaceCommand.InitializeComponent()
   at MusicBeePlugin.MultipleSearchReplaceCommand..ctor(Plugin tagToolsPluginParam)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.multipleSearchReplaceEventHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

redwing

<1> in preset editor bug persists with the new version. Delete/Import all doesn't make any differences.

Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 03:54:52 AM by redwing

redwing

msr hotkeys are fixed

Found a bug when running an msr custom preset through asr hotkey command.

Try this

*^(.)b(.)$/$1$2

for

abc

The result should be "ac" and msr works properly but asr outputs "abcc"

redwing

The carriage return issue seems to have been reintroduced with copy/paste selected tags command. But for some reason, notepad++ shows it as a BEL character rather than a carriage return. Can you take a look?

I'm still having the carriage return issue and have to keep removing it every time after using the paste selected tags command.

Let me explain what the issue is:

Select 5 tracks> run copy selected tags command for title> paste it to other tracks.
It works fine and the pasted tags have no carriage return in their tag values.

Now paste it to notepad++> copy those five lines> paste it to some tracks.
Now the first four tracks have carriage return character in their values.

Do you see the differences? My request is when pasting selected tags, if the tag has the carriage return character at the end of the value, then remove it when writing the tag.

The reason is I am frequently copying selected tags from notepad++ rather than other tracks.

boroda

<1> in preset editor bug persists with the new version. Delete/Import all doesn't make any differences.

its fixed.

msr hotkeys are fixed

Found a bug when running an msr custom preset through asr hotkey command.

Try this

*^(.)b(.)$/$1$2

for

abc

The result should be "ac" and msr works properly but asr outputs "abcc"
its fixed also.

The carriage return issue seems to have been reintroduced with copy/paste selected tags command. But for some reason, notepad++ shows it as a BEL character rather than a carriage return. Can you take a look?

I'm still having the carriage return issue and have to keep removing it every time after using the paste selected tags command.

Let me explain what the issue is:

Select 5 tracks> run copy selected tags command for title> paste it to other tracks.
It works fine and the pasted tags have no carriage return in their tag values.

Now paste it to notepad++> copy those five lines> paste it to some tracks.
Now the first four tracks have carriage return character in their values.

Do you see the differences? My request is when pasting selected tags, if the tag has the carriage return character at the end of the value, then remove it when writing the tag.

The reason is I am frequently copying selected tags from notepad++ rather than other tracks.
there is a bell char, because i change carriage returns to bell on copying to clipboard, then on pasting i remove cr's (if any) on pasting, then change bells to crs. its so to preserve crs in lyrics. for me its working fine.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

boroda

for null reference bug: sometimes i it also, but i cant reproduce it by will.

redwing

Thanks! It seems all reported issues are addressed except the carriage return issue.

If you copy multiple lines from notepad++ and paste it to a tag of multiple files, it adds a carriage return at the end of each tag value.
For instance, if you copy the following from notepad++ and paste it to title tag of three files, the first two files get a carriage return at the end of title tag.

Song 1 Title
Song 2 Title
Song 3 Title