Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917636 times)

boroda

What presets have changed? Are there any except the unicode preset?

unicode preset and all presets with 2 parameter asr functions (i've replaced , by ;; ).

redwing

I'm still having the carriage return issue and have to keep removing it every time after using the paste selected tags command.

Let me explain what the issue is:

Select 5 tracks> run copy selected tags command for title> paste it to other tracks.
It works fine and the pasted tags have no carriage return in their tag values.

Now paste it to notepad++> copy those five lines> paste it to some tracks.
Now the first four tracks have carriage return character in their values.

Do you see the differences? My request is when pasting selected tags, if the tag has the carriage return character at the end of the value, then remove it when writing the tag.

The reason is I am frequently copying selected tags from notepad++ rather than other tracks.

redwing

Great! Now it no longer writes the character at the end of the tag when pasting tags.
Thanks!

boroda

@redwing, i've reenabled persistent windows. link is the same.

redwing

The add-on page of this plugin links to an outdated version. Why not change the link to mb_TagTools_latest.zip file?

redwing

What presets have changed? Are there any except the unicode preset?

unicode preset and all presets with 2 parameter asr functions (i've replaced , by ;; ).

The new multiple search & replace preset has a bug:
Try
*(b)/$1aa
It works fine with MSR command, but not with ASR command. So it can't be used via a hotkey.

Also, it doesn't add a proper escape sequences to special characters when they are entered via MSR command (previous versions had the same bug).
For instance enter "#" or "*" to the first box.
Then if you open the ASR preset it's saved as either "#/abc" or "*/abc" rather than "\#/abc" or "\*/abc".

zkhcohen

How would you copy a single part of a tag from one file to another? I'm trying to copy artist pictures from one to another.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P

SpirosG

If we have the "date created" tag in this Form ex. "28-8-2018" is there any way to convert it to "2018-08-28"

redwing

If we have the "date created" tag in this Form ex. "28-8-2018" is there any way to convert it to "2018-08-28"

Date display format

Date display format in MB follows your Windows short date format. It applies to various "year" tags and "date" tags. Thus editing year tag format with tag editor won't change its displayed format within MB.
You could also use virtual tags with $Date function if you want to keep your Windows setting in a different way.

Pingaware

On one of my periodic drops back in to the forum and the plugin isn't loading for me currently. Running the latest MB patch and the 29-05-18 version of the plugin. MB loads with it disabled and then, when I try to enable it, MB pops up with the error message "Unable to initialise this plugin: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.". Any ideas on the problem?
try to delete <AppData>\mb_tagtools.settings.xml file.

Thanks boroda, that worked.

Has the formula for converting ReplayGain to Soundcheck changed? It used to produce something like this "00000943 00000943 00001728 00001728 00024CA8 00024CA8 00007AAD 00007AAD 00024CA8 00024CA8" but now it explicitly writes out what the changes are (like ReplayGain does).
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

redwing

If you copy any date time tag to last played, it doesn't write a correct hour. Can you take a look?

redwing

Another bug with MSR command: you can't deselect individual tracks from the preview screen.