Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917142 times)

boroda

Case code is working, but noticed a very strange bug.

Try this with MSR preset

*(in\|of\|on)/\\@lc($1)

Those words are not working. If you use other words, or with @tc, it's working.
its expected behavior  :)  i've just forgotten that i've made a change for asr recently. open change case command, edit excepted words and click 'asr' button to save these words for all asr casing functions. \\@tc($1) works because this function always capitalizes 1st and last words in a sentence.

i've forgotten to reenable persistent windows:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip

redwing

Is it possible to override the setting from MSR window or preset?
What's the point of supporting case code for MSR command if that has to be adjusted from another command every time you want to change exception words?

boroda

no, not every time. i suggest that its one time permanent action. you can override excepted words in second parameter of casing functions: \@lc($1,a the an) \@lc($1,) etc.

i'll try to fix the bug with \| when second parameter is used.

boroda

hmmm... \| is working fine now. don't remember that i've fixed it.

redwing

I don't understand why it's so complicated and there are things that has to be done first to make other things work. I wonder how other users would figure all this out.
Then can you tell me what I need to do to make that code working?
What do I have to do with the change case command? I never used the command as I only used the change case preset.

boroda

I don't understand why it's so complicated and there are things that has to be done first to make other things work. I wonder how other users would figure all this out.
i don't understand what is complicated and i don't expect that most users even know something about asr casing functions.

Then can you tell me what I need to do to make that code working?
What do I have to do with the change case command? I never used the command as I only used the change case preset.
open change case command, edit text (excepted words) after 'except for words' label or just clear the text, click 'ASR' button to the right of this text, do not make preview, do not click 'proceed', close command window. you have made default excepted words for ASR/MSR. if you want to override excepted words for particular situation just use second (optional) parameter, i.e.

\@tc($1) will use asr defaults
\@tc($1,) wont except any words
\@tc($1,a the an) will ignore asr defaults and will except only words 'a', 'the', 'an'

boroda

i've changed behavior of \@tc() and \@sc() functions: now they will lowercase excepted words (previously excepted words weren't changed).

phred

• Global Moderator
i've forgotten to reenable persistent windows:
Not a problem. I would've reminded you.  :-)
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

redwing

So if I clear the word list in change case command and click ASR button, would any presets work as it used to?

redwing

I see it now shows warning message to import presets when trying to save a preset without importing them. That will help.

redwing

"Sort performers by their roles" preset is no longer working. It gives syntax error. I wonder if you may have changed something when you're working on another performer preset later.

boroda

So if I clear the word list in change case command and click ASR button, would any presets work as it used to?

it will just clear the list of excepted words for asr, i.e. asr wont except any words by default and functions \@tc($1) and \@tc($1,) will do the same.

jmperazzo

embarrassingly basic question here (i don't see a question tree and perhaps this is not the place to ask either). I don't know how to run your plugin. I thought it would "appear" on musicbee but perhaps it should be moved to a folder where it can be "seen"? thanks in advance for your patience...

redwing

I don't know how to run your plugin. I thought it would "appear" on musicbee but perhaps it should be moved to a folder where it can be "seen"? thanks in advance for your patience...

See: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Additional_Tagging_and_Reporting_Tools#Installation_and_Usage
Also go to Preferences> Plugins and click configure button for the plugin. Then you can also make it show in context menu.