Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 935522 times)

Steven

• Administrator
Today I tried to download the tagging tool of the above named and everytime I clicked on download a new advertising page oben in the end I had 5 ad pages for each click. Hence I gave up.
I find this not to be very professional and as a negative touch to it. I therefore advice to change the download options in a way that is acceptable. Thanks!
Its up to boroda74 if he wants to take your advice, but a number of the plugin developers and musicbee itself use mediafire.com because its free to host files for the developer without restrictions other hosting sites have. Personally i have never had a problem with mediafire but i guess you were unlucky.

boroda

mediafire.com never failed me. maybe some temporary bugs on the site. have tried to download 2017-04-05 version right now and have had no problems.

alec.tron

Uneducated guess - boroda74 & Steven use a PupUpBlocker in their browser, sashi79 is not maybe - hence the different perceptions...?
Just a thought.
c.

boroda

i've disabled adblock when i was testing download.

n.b. i do accept voluntary donations via paypal from the links on main mb site, but i dont earn money on mediafire.com. just have never seen free file hosting site without ads.

edit:

i think i'll make a backups of all my plugins on google drive for similar cases.
Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 10:26:25 AM by boroda74

boroda

new version. seems to be stable.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/w778d772lle3uy4/mb_TagTools_2017-04-24.zip

source:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0t502gd61f7fwv4/TagTools_2017-04-24.rar

i have added new virtual tag function: $ALR(<URL>,function_id)

open auto-library reports window, create one or several presets, each with one or several aggregate functions and assign a function id for functions. probably you will want to write all aggregate functions to <null> tag (i.e. do not write them to custom tags).

example: how to display the number or tracks per artist of every track.

create new alr preset, add 'artist' grouping field, then add 'count(url)' aggregate function. assign some_function_id to the preset. save preset.
create virtual tag with formula: $ALR(<URL>,some_function_id), add this virtual tag to the main view. done.

boroda

new beta version:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gjrd3cq6deroq7o/mb_TagTools_2017-04-25-beta.zip

i've replaced obsolete mb api functions by new more efficient and quick api functions. not sure though how much overall performance is increased.

Steven

• Administrator
It seems you may have created something very powerful with the $ALR function. I think it would benefit people if you or someone created some more detailed examples and also provided the steps needed to do them. I am sure you would get much more appreciation for what you have done - for myself i didnt realise its potential until saw the brief example of an aggregate artist track count.

boroda

yes, i agree. maybe somebody could request some statistic info and i'll prepare more examples. all i can do without this is pre-create alr presets based on the (not auto) 'library reports' 2 existing predefined presets.

boroda

i've copied 'library reports' command description from the wiki. alr (and alr virtual tag functions) has exactly the same functionality, only ui is slightly different, but these instructions and examples are totally applicable to alr.

edit:

i've slightly adopted instructions for alr. will adopt them more later.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALR virtual tag functions allow to gather and display in the main panel some library statistics for currently displayed tracks.

NOTE 1:

Main ALR window supports for two types of fields: grouping tags and aggregated functions. Every aggregated function is calculated for every unique combination of grouping tags. 'Count' function counts the number of different values of a given (function parameter, not grouping) tag. Other functions are obvious and should be applied only to numeric or duration (parameter) tags (e.g. 'Time', 'File size', etc.).

NOTE 2:

All ALR virtual tag function are calculated, updated and displayed dynamically.

NOTE 3:

For all aggregated functions except for 'Count' function please make sure that all (parameter) tag values used by function have the same measurement units (KB, MB, etc.) or adjust units in 'Edit/Preferences/Plugins' window (not required if both MusicBee and Windows localizations are English or Russian).

EXAMPLE 1

If you want to get the number of albums of artist of displayed track, i.e. the number of albums (function 'Count' of (parameter) tag 'Album') per artist (tag 'Album Artist'), you should add grouping tag 'Album Artist' in the table and required function 'Count(Album)'. Assign some_function_id to this aggregated function. Create virtual tag with formula $ALR(<URL>,some_function_id). Add this virtual tag to the main panel.

EXAMPLE 2

If you want to get the number of releases of artist (of displayed track) per year (of displayed track), i.e. the number of albums (function 'Count' of (parameter) tag 'Album') per year (tag 'Year') per artist (tag 'Album Artist'), you should add grouping tags (in order) 'Album Artist' and 'Year' in the table and required function 'Count(Album)'. Assign some_function_id to this aggregated function. Create virtual tag with formula $ALR(<URL>,some_function_id). Add this virtual tag to the main panel.

EXAMPLE 3

If you want to get the total duration of all tracks of artist of displayed track, i.e. the sum of track durations (function 'Sum' of tag 'Time') per artist (tag 'Album Artist'), you should add grouping tag 'Album Artist' and function 'Sum(Time)'. Assign some_function_id to this aggregated function. Create virtual tag with formula $ALR(<URL>,some_function_id). Add this virtual tag to the main panel.

See two predefined presets 'LIBRARY TOTALS' and 'LIBRARY AVERAGES' of (not auto) 'Library Reports' command for more examples.

ALR virtual tag functions are even more useful if they are used in grouping header in 'Albums and Track' view:

Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 07:10:35 PM by boroda74

noose6767

Please can anyone help me with a problem I am having exporting track rating ?. For some of my albums when I preview/export them from Library report the Rating column for all tracks is showing as the same value (e.g 2) but Musicbee shows the rating as a combination of 2,3,4 stars etc. I have the "Store rating in music file" property enabled but disabling that, re-tagging the ratings to different values etc. makes no different, the rating in Library Report stubbornly stays set to 2 for all tracks. Any ideas what's going on and how I get Library Report to reflect what I am seeing in Muscbee ? Thanks

Havokdan

Does MusicBee show in the application what version of the plugin that user is using?

phred

• Global Moderator
Does MusicBee show in the application what version of the plugin that user is using?
Preferences > Plugins > Additional Tagging Tools > Configure.
Version is at the bottom.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Havokdan

Preferences > Plugins > Additional Tagging Tools > Configure.
Version is at the bottom.

Thanks, I think it should have also in the plugins section of the player as well.

Cormac1902

Hey, does this work with v3.0.6335 of MusicBee? When I try to load it it says "Unable to load this plugin: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."

Great work on it btw! Never had any issues before.

boroda

Please can anyone help me with a problem I am having exporting track rating ?. For some of my albums when I preview/export them from Library report the Rating column for all tracks is showing as the same value (e.g 2) but Musicbee shows the rating as a combination of 2,3,4 stars etc. I have the "Store rating in music file" property enabled but disabling that, re-tagging the ratings to different values etc. makes no different, the rating in Library Report stubbornly stays set to 2 for all tracks. Any ideas what's going on and how I get Library Report to reflect what I am seeing in Muscbee ? Thanks
can you pm me the link to one of problematic files (*not* 2-stared and rated with 'store ratings in music files' enabled)?