Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 930218 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
@phred, its because you've downloaded 02-09-2 plugin version instead of 02-09. to use 02-09-2 version (the only difference between these 2 versions is that 02-09-2 supports for new tags, recently added to mb by Steven) you need mb 3.1 latest patch:
Yes, my bad. I thought I was using the latest patch, but apparently not. Thanks boroda74.

Also, I like the new confirmation on auto-applying presets! I have found one thing that doesn't work as I believe it should. I'm using it on the preset 'remove leading zeros in '<Tag 1>' -2. It works as expected when I edit a track number that is 01. But when I remove the track number completely, the confirmation window also pops up. I don't think it should be asking for confirmation in a case like this.

But thanks for adding that feature.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

@phred

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bzdr7aqxya3bvok/mb_TagTools_2017-02-10.zip

it seems that there are some bugs with confirmation checkbox on manual applying presets, but now is deep night, i'm sleepy and edit: cant reproduce these bags.
Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 07:03:50 AM by boroda74

phred

• Global Moderator
There's still an issue ... I deleted a track number and did not get the confirmation, which is good.
But when I added track number 013 and clicked 'save' I got this

After clicking 'ok' the expected confirmation popped up. And now, if I manually edit a track number to 013, there's no confirmation nor does the leading '0' get removed.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

@phred
i've forgotten to remove debugging popup window, but i'm sure there is still some real bug. here is plugin with debugging widow removed:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xcarqxt9pw69xjd/mb_TagTools_2017-02-10-2.zip

frankcreed

redwing, please test new asr preset 'replace unicode punctuation marks...'

phred, psychoadept, please test new option 'ask confirmation before auto-applying this preset' in main asr window.

frankcreed, i've received Stevens comments on new tags, but its not implemented yet.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9i97ha7peugjsrx/mb_TagTools_2017-02-09.zip

Hi Boroda,

Thanks for implementing the changes!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Sorry, I've been behind!  I just tested out the new confirmation setting.  I'm not sure how it's supposed to work.  When a setting is ticked for auto-apply, you have to also tick the confirmation setting?  Otherwise it behaves as before, and goes straight to auto-apply?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Pingaware

Been a hell of a long time since I've been on the board, so of course I return with a bug report.

14/01/2017 16:52:59 - 10.0.14393.0 - 3.0.6190.36802 - System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: String
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.ReceiveNotification(String sourceFileUrl, NotificationType type)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at MusicBee.Plugin.#=qGVXp5ZoITKKwGWjTtr1As43kOnRgnp$zA2OSSytwaBE=()

I think this has been happening since sometime after the 05/02 (that's the last time my auto-report seems to have run) - I only noticed that the plugin was disabled when I couldn't access the S&R screen yesterday. I'm on the latest MB patch and the latest version of the plugin (from 10/02). Now every time I try to enable the plugin from within the preferences screen, I just get the message: Unable to initialise this plugin. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Just had a look through my recycle bin. Based on the versions of MB I've recently downloaded, I'd say it's probably some sort of conflict that's occurred due to a change between the MB version on 04/02 and the current version.
Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 03:04:02 PM by Pingaware
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

phred

• Global Moderator
Try patching to 3.1

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Pingaware

Just checked - I'm on 3.1.6256
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The plugin is working for me, but I'm getting the same error message as above, about 2500 times just in the last day.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

boroda

@all

can't reproduce this bug.

try this plugin version:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/333ora4bh7s1p2m/mb_TagTools.dll

i need to know if error window (not confirmation dialog) with text "null!" will pop up for you.
Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 07:45:06 AM by boroda74

boroda

Sorry, I've been behind!  I just tested out the new confirmation setting.  I'm not sure how it's supposed to work.  When a setting is ticked for auto-apply, you have to also tick the confirmation setting?  Otherwise it behaves as before, and goes straight to auto-apply?
if preset is not ticked for auto-applying then it it doesn't matter if confirmation option is ticked or not. also confirmation option does nothing when you manually apply preset.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Sorry, I've been behind!  I just tested out the new confirmation setting.  I'm not sure how it's supposed to work.  When a setting is ticked for auto-apply, you have to also tick the confirmation setting?  Otherwise it behaves as before, and goes straight to auto-apply?
if preset is not ticked for auto-applying then it it doesn't matter if confirmation option is ticked or not. also confirmation option does nothing when you manually apply preset.

That's all fine, but I don't think it has solved the problem. The change needed is the ability to make a preset NOT automatically applied with one click.  It still only takes one click to mark the box next to a preset.  There needs to be an opt OUT for confirmation of applying a preset, not an opt IN.  Ideally this would be a global setting, maybe in the configuration panel.  Something to the effect of "Do not require confirmation when applying tag changes automatically"  (my preference would be to receive a confirmation when you tick the box fur the preset, but receiving it when tag changes are triggered could work, too.)
Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 05:21:39 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Piwilelapin

Hi !

Since I've used the TOY change case command with advanced tagging tool, the numbers in my titles appear this way: "Ii, Iii, Iv, V, Vi"

The exceptions is about putting words in lowercase, so I'm not sure what to use.

Does anyone of you know ? :)