Author Topic: description field +mouseover popup for autoplaylists  (Read 8915 times)

Anti

I would love to see a description field added to the 'edit autoplaylist' dialogue.
The description would display in a mouseover popup.

At the moment, the autoplaylist name has to describe what it does.
Eg. "Random from all 'Best Of' playlists" <---- autoplaylist name describing what it does.

As shown in my mock-up below, having a description pop-up allows short, arbitrary playlist names
whilst accommodating more communicative, helpful descriptions:

Note that the user types the description, rather than having it generated automatically from the rules in the dialogue.
I think it would be better that way, so the user can customise it.

What do you think?

[findreq]
Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 11:12:59 PM by Anti

ma_t14

That looks pretty interesting...

Great!!! Very nice idea  ;D

Note that the user types the description, rather than having it generated automatically from the rules in the dialogue.
I think it would be better that way, so the user can customise it.

Why not have both  ::)

ksvane

That would make things A LOT easier for me as well... is it possible to add this feature to regular playlists also (eg. include "add description" as an option upon right-clicking)?

Anti

I hope no-one minds me bumping this wish in the hope it gains traction or feedback from Steven.

beeing good

+1 on this, would be very useful.

I think we're keeping Steven a very busy man  ;)

Anti

> I think we're keeping Steven a very busy man

I agree, so if you guys could stop making wishes for a while until
all mine have been instigated, it would be much appreciated. :P

ma_t14

> I think we're keeping Steven a very busy man

I agree, so if you guys could stop making wishes for a while until
all mine have been instigated, it would be much appreciated. :P

ROLF!

Steven

• Administrator

Anti

No way! I never expected this one to get incorporated!
Excellent Steven - just genius.

Anti

Some feedback about this feature Steven...

F5 to refresh the playlist pane, and the information in the popup is complete on the first mouseover.
On subsequent mouseovers however, the library line seems to be replaced by: playlist is ''

Apart from that, awesome feature - thanks!

Maleko12

On my computer (ratio is 1280 x 800), part of the info on the left side of description field is cutoff... a picture below explains what I mean.

(Track)s from...
(any) of...
(Whit)e...

Now, when you click edit on the autoplaylist, then close it, then highlight the autoplaylist, it shows correctly. It happens everytime MB opens.

Anti

This is kind of why in my original request, I thought it would be best just to have a description box
that you could manually type into it if you wanted to (or leave it blank). So that people who don't want
a pop-up won't see them, and so descriptions didn't get out of hand if there are a lot of rules applied.

Steven

• Administrator
This is kind of why in my original request, I thought it would be best just to have a description box
that you could manually type into it if you wanted to (or leave it blank). So that people who don't want
a pop-up won't see them, and so descriptions didn't get out of hand if there are a lot of rules applied.
agreed

Steven

• Administrator
i've added a description field to the autoplaylist definition and that is now used for the mouseover