Author Topic: My good friend "enter".  (Read 8091 times)

ksvane

I'd like it if, when in track view or artwork/track view, a selected track would start playing simply by hitting "Enter." If I assign enter as a hotkey, it interferes with the rest of musicbee (eg. in a dialog box, when you hit enter to apply the selected option, a track starts playing instead in the background.)
This is especially an issue when I select a track and hit "delete"... when it asks "are you sure" and I hit enter ("yes"), the track I am about to delete stars playing in the background instead, because enter is assigned as a hotkey. Then if I click "yes" with the mouse instead, MB crashes because it is deleting a track that it just started playing (This is not an issue if you play a track and then hit delte, but evidently if you hit delete first and then accidentally play the track before confirming.)
I hope this makes sense :D

Tom

Absolutely agree.
I was going to write something simmiliar but it was to complicated for me to do it in English.  ;D

In addition I would suggest to use the "windows standard" shortcuts and behaivour for the buttons like "y"es and "n"o.
And if the focus is set to default on the yes button, you could easily press the space bar to confirm and close the dialog box.

cartman005

I have observed this occasionally with the spacebar being set as a hotkey for Play/Pause.

ksvane

This is still at the top of my wishlist. Followed by world peace. And socks. Boy do I need new socks.

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
Thought about this many a time. Definitely +1(00) from me
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

Steven

• Administrator
i've done this for the next update although i have only briefly tested it

ksvane

I can't get this to work... maybe I'm doing it wrong, I assign enter as hotkey for "play now" but it still bypasses dialog boxes.

Steven

• Administrator
can you give me the set of steps you did - i only tested this with tag editor dialog so its possible some specific dialogs have special treatment

ksvane

I opened preferences and assigned Enter as a non-global hotkey to 'Play Now'... I then selected a track to delete as described in the first post, but when the dialog box aked me to confirm the deletion and I hit enter the track started playing in the background.

Steven

• Administrator
could you try this one - if any dialog window is open it will treat enter as being for the dialog window and not as a hotkey
http://www.mediafire.com/?ihaape45n061t7k

VX

it seems not working for me (Win 7 64 bit), unless the option should be enabled before using  ???

Can someone confirm it ???

ma_t14

it seems not working for me (Win 7 64 bit), unless the option should be enabled before using  ???

Can someone confirm it ???

Have you set "Enter" as hotkey for "Play Now" in preferences? It works for me...