Author Topic: library doesn't update/refresh the new albums  (Read 1047 times)

Herchi

I use musicBee 3.4 in Windows 10.

I have a huge collection, sometimes a add new albums. In Preferences > Library > monitored folders >
I set sometimes 'scan on startup only' and 'continuously monitor' in D:\Mis documentos\colección\Mp3's

i see here: D:\Mis documentos\colección\Mp3's\Música\Lude\(2022) Lapso I (EP) - 15'15, (2022) Lapso II. El Miedo (EP) - 23'52, (2022) Lapso III. La Aceptación (EP) - 36'06

BUT in tab 'Music' never display the albums:

in video (and in poor english :P)
https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/784102664
Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 11:59:51 AM by Herchi

boroda

1st check excluded subfolders: click button "exclude" next to "choose folders".

2nd. the problem may be that file path is too long. though mb seems to support long paths.

2nd. maybe diacritic marks and other specific characters cause the problem. try to rename file (1st file only, not full path) to some shorter and simpler name. if this helps, then this is the problem.

Herchi

I dont have excludes:

I copy 'Lude' to D:\Lude and I added D:\Lude to library

I reopened musicBee

I rename folders: D:\Lude\a, D:\Lude\b, D:\Lude\c, D:\Lude\d
I reopened musicBee: When I restarted I saw this message

but no display of new 3 ep's.

Herchi

check "inbox".

I always set new tracks > 'add to library' and not 'add to inbox'. I don't understand it.

The tracks have a red exclamation, why? (I can play them anyway but I want then in library)

phred

• Global Moderator
Hover your cursor over one of the red exclamation icons and report what it says.

Also, your monitored folders are set to scan at startup only. Change that to "continuously monitor."
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Herchi

all this files are "updates" that they must be in library and not "with error" in inbox

I undertstand that some tracks of Lude tell me are duplicated (it's in D:\Lude and D:\Mis documentos\colección\Mp3's\Música\Lude now, of course)

BUT, no others

I changed to to "continuously monitor." and restart, nothing changed.

boroda

you have moved/renamed some tracks. they won't be auto deleted from library/inbox after moving to new folder. then you probably somehow re-added them (e.g. by adding new monitored folders). these tracks are now duplicated (and duplicates are sent to inbox according to settings on screenshot in your 1st post).

click mb menu> tools> manage duplicates. this will help remove duplicates from mb database. then i'd recommend you to manually reorganize (move/rename according to tags - if your tracks are properly tagged!!!) tracks: tools> organize files.

boroda

i guess that that album had been added initially to your library, but you see tags in library, not filenames (BUT you can see FILENAMES in the INBOX!). maybe you hadn't been able to find it in the library because of this.

album is defined in mb as a combination of "album"/"album artist" tags (not just as "album" tag). i see on your screenshots that some tracks from the same album(s) have different "artist" tags. that means that you must define the same "album artist" tag for all tracks of one album (it maybe "compilation" or "various artists" or leading artist or some "band name").
Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 04:08:05 PM by boroda

Herchi

I delete inbox (no files)
I checked off 'mark and send duplicated to the box'
I delete entry D:\Lude

good news, thank you

boroda

i've edited my previous post, reread it, maybe it will be helpful.

Herchi

i guess that that album had been added initially to your library, but you see tags in library, not filenames (BUT you can see FILENAMES in the INBOX!). maybe you hadn't been able to find it in the library because of this.

album is defined in mb as a combination of "album"/"album artist" tags (not just as "album" tag). i see on your screenshots that some tracks from the same album(s) have different "artist" tags. that means that you must define the same "album artist" tag for all tracks of one album (it maybe "compilation" or "various artists" or leading artist or some "band name").
thank u, with "various artists" I set VARIOS in artist album and theGroup in artist song :)