Author Topic: Playcount Script?  (Read 858 times)

johnnynuxxx

Is there a javascript that will count all of my plays on MB? I have nearly one million scrobbles on last.fm and have spent the last few months trying to synchronize them with MB. MB doesn't count them when you sync  unless the artist, song and album names match, so I've undergone the painstaking task of editing every song in my MB library, getting the correct album, and correcting every scrobble. I have over 20k songs in my MB library, so as you can imagine, it's quite an undertaking, but I"m nearing the end of it. I'll probably never get it perfect, but I'd like to know how close I am to doing so. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you may have.

boroda

create virtual tag with formula "$Sum(<Play Count>)" and display this tag in column in track details view. you will see the same sum of all play counts for every track (the same value in every line of track details view).

johnnynuxxx

Not having much luck. Went to Preferences>Tags(1)>Define New Tags. Copy/Paste formula. All it did was display the formula, not the total Playcounts. Any suggestions?

Steven

• Administrator
update to v3.5 from the first forum topic

boroda

@johnnynuxxx, well, a correction: enter formula "$Sum(<Play Count>,<Some Unused Tag>)" for virtual tag, where <Some Unused Tag> must be the tag, which has empty value for all tracks, e.g. some unused custom tag.

hiccup

Is there a javascript that will count all of my plays on MB?
I don't think you need something like that, you can check the total plays in the Library Statistics panel.
File > Library > Show Library Statistics >  Library Total    ... Plays