Author Topic: Use search box to filter an already "filtered" view  (Read 343 times)

loubregand

Hello, I would like to use the search box to filter a tab that is the result of the find command, for example I use the find command to open a tab that contains all my xmas songs, now I want to filter for the word jingle. I focus the search box, selecting "local node only" and typing "jingle" and I expect to see my xmas songs that contains the word jingle, but instead I see the songs from my entire library. Am I missing something? If this is not the correct way to go about this, which is? I know I can use the find command with all the right criteria, but the way the select box works would be perfect for me, ux-wise.
thanks!

boroda

try "custom search", it resides in a menu opened by clicking a button in the top right corner of mb window. you can narrow down your search by adding new rules to it. not very convenient for your purposes, but still it will do what you want.
Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 11:48:50 AM by boroda

loubregand

thanks but that's the same find command I was talking about (as the shortcut is ctrl-f for both)
I was hoping for something more filter oriented to the list I am currently browsing
thanks anyway

loubregand

It would be ok even using a plugin... can plugins do this kind of things?

boroda

no. plugin can highlight (select) searched tracks, but not filter them.

boroda

i'll add +1 if you posted this on wishlist board. (to add new option "search in found" to "search menu" along with current options to "search in local node" and "search in entire library")

loubregand