Author Topic: Weird. Double-click-on-track-name behavior suddenly changed for no reason (v3.4)  (Read 402 times)

threap

Hi all,

Here's an odd one. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.
Up until 3 days ago, if I was playing a track and double-clicked the track name at the bottom of the window - whether from Music Library or Now Playing - MB would switch to the Music Library view, with the current track selected and highlighted. So, super-easy to jump to the current track to edit it, sort the library by album/artist, etc.

Now, all of a sudden, double-clicking the track name - whether I'm in the Now Playing view, or the Music Library view, jumps to the Now Playing view, with the track name highlighted in the Playing Tracks pane.

I haven't installed a new version of MB (this is 3.4.8033), or changed any settings, or indeed done anything that I can think of.

Any ideas? I've looked deeply through the Settings, but the only option I can see related to double-clicking concerns the tray icon behavior.

At the risk of being roundly mocked for my poor taste in music, I've taken an explanatory screenshot, here.

Unexpected Edit, before even hitting POST on this: Wow, you folks are amazing. Before I even submitted this post, Musicbee went back - almost - to its original, preferred, behavior. I double-clicked the track name to take a screenshot of the annoying new behavior, and to my amazement it meekly did what it used to. But only, now, if I'm already in the Music Library view. Spooky. Brrrr. What the heck?

Anyway. I'd still like to know what I did that changed (twice) this behavior. Is it down to whether the time-of-day is odd or even? Which hand I hold my mouse in? Cosmic rays? More seriously, some super-secret option in MusicBee that I'm not consciously triggering?

DCDireWolf

hope someone answers this anyway since I have a related issue.

When i am playing a playlist (on shuffle if that matters), but i'm in the library tab and double click on the track in the now playing bar at the bottom of the screen it sends me to the playlist tab to show me where in the playlist that song lives.

What I want to happen is when i double click there to be sent to where that song is in my library, staying in the library tag.

thanks.

Steven

• Administrator

DCDireWolf

I did update to 3.5 (latest), and thank you for the update, but when i double click the now playing artist/track in library tab on the bottom panel it still takes me to the playlist rather than locate in library as desired.

Steven

• Administrator
double click invokes "Locate playing track at source" which sounds like is a playlist in your case.
There is also right click/ Search.../ Locate in library which will do what you want