Author Topic: Random listening to albums  (Read 828 times)

Dalinar

I'm sorry I forgot what these tabs are called at the top of program, they are like pages. Anyhow I'll call them a page. They contain music. For example I have some that are dedicated just to certain bands.

I'm wondering, is there a way to choose a random album to listen to just from one of these pages?

karbock

To do so, you can create an auto-playlist with the following criteria:

RULES:
* Album - has a value

[v] limit to - 1 - album - selected by - random
selected by - album

[v] automatically refresh the matching tracks
Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 04:14:23 PM by karbock

Dalinar

I just tried it and it only showed 1 song.. so edited the auto playlist and saw that "item" was selected and changed that to "album".

However, it still only shows 1 song.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

karbock

This is the screenshot of the playlist parameters (works as a charm on my computer):
click to display
Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 05:44:20 PM by karbock

Dalinar

thanks! the key was "select by album", I didn't see that before and interpreted when you first wrote selected by album to mean to set "has a value" to "Album"

Dalinar

now my next problem - sometimes I see a cool random album pop up (actually I listen to live shows and I have zillions - but for all intents and purposes they are "albums") and I might want to listen to it later.

What would be the best way to save it for later? Add it to some kind of playlist I guess? What's the best way to do that?

karbock

Indeed, the best way is to add the tracks to a regular playlist:
* Select the tracks
* Right click -> Include in playlist -> ...

You can also append the tracks to your 'Now Playing' list:
* Select
* Right click -> Queue last
(You can assign custom hotkeys to Queue Next/Last via Preferences -> Hotkeys, if needed.)