Author Topic: can a plugin be a DSP (technical question ) ?  (Read 414 times)

gaiastar

Hi
Just wondering if a  musicbee plugin could be a Dsp (like a complex  crossfader or resampler or hard limiter )
I mean does musicbee architectures let to develop a dsp like above

thanks
MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫

boroda

mb native plugin can't be dsp (afaik), but mb supports vst plugins, which can be dsp.

gaiastar

mb native plugin can't be dsp (afaik), but mb supports vst plugins, which can be dsp.
Hi Boroda
well good to know ,seeing there is a plugin DFX Audio Enhancer , i thought it could possibile
thanks ,take care

sveakul

gaiastar you CAN import Winamp-style DSP plugins (dsp_*.dll) with the DSP Plugins list/Equalizer and DSP Setting panel by hitting the "Import Winamp.." button on the right.  That said, you are best off going the VST route as boroda mentioned for vastly increased availability/flexibility.

BTW, watch out for that free version of "DFX Audio Enhancer", out of curiousity I unwrapped the dfx12Setup.exe installer and it has at least half a dozen other 3rd-party applications bundled in it, "offers" and what looks like the whole application in some cases.  Asking for trouble trying to install that bomb.
Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 11:15:42 PM by sveakul

gaiastar

gaiastar you CAN import Winamp-style DSP plugins (dsp_*.dll) with the DSP Plugins list/Equalizer and DSP Setting panel by hitting the "Import Winamp.." button on the right.  That said, you are best off going the VST route as boroda mentioned for vastly increased availability/flexibility.

BTW, watch out for that free version of "DFX Audio Enhancer", out of curiousity I unwrapped the dfx12Setup.exe installer and it has at least half a dozen other 3rd-party applications bundled in it, "offers" and what looks like the whole application in some cases.  Asking for trouble trying to install that bomb.
hi sveakul
with such features , i mean dsp plugin , musicbee will be supersonic player
thanks for the explation ,take care