Author Topic: MusicBee won't add all my files to library!  (Read 773 times)

kirky86

A few days ago, for some reason my MusicBee started playing up and I had to readd all my music. It's all contained in one folder for ease. So I did what I normally do and selected "scan folders for new files" thinking it would add everything. Even though it said it was scanning the correct amount of music files in the bottom left corner, after the scan I noticed only about half of them had been added to my library. After the scan it said that the correct amount of files had been added in the bottom left corner, but they hadn't.

I've tried scanning the folder several times and even changed the name of the folder hoping to trick the folder into adding the files (!), but they still wouldn't be added. I'm stumped. I've tried searching the forum for solutions to try, but couldn't find anything similar. The files are fine, I've never had any issue with them before. Anyone got any ideas?

phred

• Global Moderator
Look in the Inbox for the "missing" files.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

kirky86

hiccup

A few days ago, for some reason my MusicBee started playing up and I had to readd all my music.
Perhaps there is some harddisk or file corruption going on?
If the problematic files happen to be mp3, you could use tools such as MP3Diags or MP3val to check them for errors.

kirky86

A few days ago, for some reason my MusicBee started playing up and I had to readd all my music.
Perhaps there is some harddisk or file corruption going on?
If the problematic files happen to be mp3, you could use tools such as MP3Diags or MP3val to check them for errors.
I tried one of those tools, but it didn't show any issues with the files

kirky86

I've noticed something else - when I go into my playlists, the songs that I can't find in my library are showing up with an "!" icon and no information.

When I double-click on them, it starts playing the song but without any of the information about the song that should be there. It's incredibly frustrating because I've worked so hard on perfecting my music library recently.
Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 11:34:57 PM by kirky86

phred

• Global Moderator
If you hover the cursor over the "I" you'll get an informational popup.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

kirky86

If you hover the cursor over the "I" you'll get an informational popup.
Yes and it says "[file path] is missing". I don't understand why it's missing. The file is there, I can see it lol

kirky86

Okay so my files are now all in the library - I didn't do anything unusual, I just scanned the folder a few more times and each time it "picked up" more files and added them in until they were all in there. So odd.