Author Topic: New router; wifi sync no longer works  (Read 2593 times)

ome-reily

I'm getting an error message that states that MusicBee Sync can't connect to the server.

I'm trying to sync my Android device to Windows 10. This worked for me as recently as a couple days ago, but I had to go to the store and buy a new router for reasons.

There have been no changes/updates to my phone or PC in the meantime.

I logged into the new router and played with turning UPnP on and off. I turned the firewall on and off. I did a manual sync (fine) but wifi sync doesnt work.

I tried the old router and wifi sync worked, but in any case I can't keep using that one and I can't get the same model, either. (Please don't ask why, it's a long story, I just can't).

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Steven

• Administrator
you could try clearing the cached app data for the wifi app

ome-reily

Sorry for the super late reply. I never saw this, but am still having this problem. If anyone tries this, it doesn't work.

Kartoffelbrei

Sorry for the super late reply. I never saw this, but am still having this problem. If anyone tries this, it doesn't work.
If you changed your router make sure your NAT Ip adresses are like this 192.168.1.X. If its like this 192.168.100.X it wont work.

Kavynglepner

Messing with router settings like UPnP and the firewall is a good start, but sometimes, these issues can be a bit tricky. Since the old router worked, it could indeed be related to the settings on the new one.
One thing worth checking is the IP addresses of your router to see if there's any variation that might be causing the problem.
If you can't get it sorted out, don't hesitate to contact tech support for your router. They're usually wizards when it comes to troubleshooting these kinds of issues, and they can guide you through the setup to ensure everything's configured correctly.
Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 11:29:30 AM by Kavynglepner

phred

• Global Moderator
UPnP should have absolutely nothing to do with MB's WiFi sync. My guess is the firewall.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here