Author Topic: Listen to MusicBee simultaneously on multiple PCs in different rooms  (Read 1129 times)

Rolfezz2000

I am looking for a way to listen to the same music from MusicBee simultaneously on the laptop in the kitchen, the PC in the study and the PC in the living room without delay. It would be enough if one of the computers would work as host.    8)

boroda

Rolfezz2000

If I understand it correctly, Subsonic is a server client system like uPnP etc., right?
However, I would like to be able to listen to a selected piece of music, album, etc. simultaneously and synchronously in three different rooms. Comparable to a multi-room system, so that throughout the house in different rooms on different PCs the same piece of music plays in parallel.

Rolfezz2000

If I understand it correctly, Subsonic is a server client system like uPnP etc., right?
However, I would like to be able to listen to a selected piece of music, album, etc. simultaneously and synchronously in three different rooms. Comparable to a multi-room system, so that throughout the house in different rooms on different PCs the same piece of music plays in parallel.

In principle, it should just be a plugin that sends control commands like "play song no. 1034" at the same moment to "MusicBee on PC in room 1" and "MusicBee on PC in room 2" and "MusicBee on PC in room 3".

boroda

Subsonic Server is 3d party app. Subsonic plugin allows to listen to music from subsonic server on mb on multiple pcs.

In principle, it should just be a plugin that sends control commands like "play song no. 1034" at the same moment to "MusicBee on PC in room 1" and "MusicBee on PC in room 2" and "MusicBee on PC in room 3".
you can't use several mb instances with the same music library. but you can use subsonic plugin for this purpose.

as for plugin that sends control commands like "play song no. 1034" at the same moment to "MusicBee on PC in room 1" and "MusicBee on PC in room 2" and "MusicBee on PC in room 3", there are 3 plugins (this, this and this), which serve as remote control for mb on android/ios devices, but i doubt that they can control several mb instances.

also, there is a plugin, which can stream music from mb to several instances of HQPlayer. i'm not sure if it satisfies your needs, but you could try it in conjunction with one of remote control plugins.

phred

• Global Moderator
Subsonic Server is 3d party app.

For clarification, note that Subsonic Server went to closed source a number of years ago and is now essentially abandoned. Yet payments are still processed for anyone requesting a license. The Subsonic Forum is still up and running, but the developer does not participate. And needless to say, but I'll say it anyway, bugs are not getting fixed.

There are a few *Sonic clones around. The one I've been testing is AirSonic Advanced.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Rolfezz2000

Thanks for the feedback guys.

But my goal is: All computers in the house should play the same song at the same time!

With this it is very simple. Unfortunately, it is not a plugin, but in principle it is suitable, even if the sound quality is probably reduced: https://anydesk.com/com
Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 05:06:04 PM by Rolfezz2000

boroda

But my goal is: All computers in the house should play the same song at the same time!

this:
also, there is a plugin, which can stream music from mb to several instances of HQPlayer. i'm not sure if it satisfies your needs, but you could try it in conjunction with one of remote control plugins.

mb would serve as a single server controlled by one of the remote control plugins, streaming the same music to multiple HQPlayer instances. isn't what you need?

Rolfezz2000

Given the insane cost of your suggestion, I've now gone with Dante-Via despite minimal latency. Maybe there will be a suitable solution as an addon at some point.https://www.audinate.com/products/software/dante-via