Author Topic: Chapter Points suddenly broken  (Read 358 times)

yetaxa

One of the main things that drew me to MusicBee in the first place was its proper support of chapters in audio files, and that worked nicely, with pre-made ones and ones I made myself

But after attempting a few times to edit chapter names in programmes such as Mp3tag or Foobar, it seems to have permanently broken the whole system

This may be a little difficult to explain, but in this track, 'The Final Deal', the one apparently appearing only 5 minutes into the track, is in fact the final chapter (and this is correct when using VLC and other programmes). It just cycles through the whole list of chapters in about a minute or so, making the chapter markings completely useless

What's strange is that once this happened, it didn't affect files I already had in my library (whose chapters would play normally), but would affect anything new I attempted to add
Even with fresh installs, portable installs, deleting whatever files I could find related to MusicBee (resulting in losing my settings), it seems like the problem persists and it's somewhat baffling as I had zero problem with MusicBee for a long time before and no idea what could be causing it or how I could solve it. I think I managed to fix it somewhat once but it's returned on its own

I somewhat doubt at this point that there is any real fix, but it is somewhat baffling that it's happened and any advice would be helpful
Currently using MusicBee Portable 3.5.8367, but it seems to have been the same on earlier versions

Steven

• Administrator
can you send me a link to one or two of the problem files

Steven

• Administrator
This should now work for your files. Unfortunately the file spec is not clear on the handling for chapter duration's and there is variation between how its implemented by encoders, so there is some heuristics involved with the solution.

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

You will need to right click/ Send To/ Rescan existing files

yetaxa

oh wow this actually worked thank you so very much Steven!