Author Topic: Full Screen Artwork of Varying Dimensions  (Read 564 times)

samthemusicman

I've been trying for quite a while to find a solution to this, and perhaps it doesn't exist, but I figured I'd ask here. What I'm trying to do is to have Musicbee display the assigned album artwork at complete full screen dimensions (1920x1080). Here are some examples of how I would like it to look ideally. If the image is square it would look like this:

If the image is a full-screen (1920x1080) image, it would look like this:

Basically, I want the album artwork filling as much of the screen as possible for whatever dimensions it has. I don't even need basic controls overlaid if that's more difficult as I know hotkeys fairly well. If it is possible to do this with a minimal overlay though, that would be cool too. I'm aware of the various theater modes and the large album artwork option in the now playing menu. If there is a theater mode that does this that I missed please suggest it, but otherwise none of these are what I'm looking for. I am willing to learn some coding if that's what it takes.

hiccup

Welcome to the forum samthemusicman

In theory it shouldn't be difficult to edit or create a Theater Mode that does this.
But it would need to keep the aspect ratio for 'AlbumCover', and I believe that aspect ratios can only be set for 'Gallery' (artist pictures), and just don't work on album covers.

Maybe somebody with better knowledge of Theater Modes can confirm this, or present a solution for this…

samthemusicman

Thanks for the information. I think I heard about the artist pictures working like that, because I saw a thread of people discussing aspect ratios for slideshows. I too hope there is some kind of workaround for album covers though.

hiccup

I too hope there is some kind of workaround for album covers though.
I am guessing that would take a very inventive and creative solution.
(I gave it some shots, but haven't been able to come up with something)

The best bet would probably be to raise this as a request, and hope it gets rewarded/implemented.

samthemusicman

I am guessing that would take a very inventive and creative solution.
(I gave it some shots, but haven't been able to come up with something)

The best bet would probably be to raise this as a request, and hope it gets rewarded/implemented.

Do you have any suggestions before I make such a post? I am new to these forums and don't want to step wrong!

hiccup

Do you have any suggestions before I make such a post? I am new to these forums and don't want to step wrong!
I think the best place for such a request is here:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18655.0