Author Topic: playcount and tagger autorate ,can I do it?  (Read 554 times)

gaiastar

Hi
I guess musicbee  3.4.8033 does store playcound automatly ,at least i can't find any option in the preferences
I have searched in the forum , but there are many old topics
I have gave a look to the musicbee tagger and auto tagger but haven't found a way
I know there is a plugin called Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools in beta version ,but in the past i have an issue with musicbee , it did not keep lyrics(synched lyrics)  tags , after fixed by Steve

can i use the the musicbee tagger to rate for example 4 stars every songs with 50 playcount?

thanks
Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 07:38:02 PM by gaiastar
MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫

jonap

my suggestions would be to simply have a track view, with Play Count column active, sort that and then select multiple tracks at once and edit the rating via tag editor and save for all
It's obviously a manual method, but it's still pretty limited in the operations (at max there are 10 ratings) and pretty easy in selecting the tracks (you still have to manually decide the cutoff and select first and last track)
But it might be better than looking for an automated solution that would waste more time than just manually do it once

gaiastar

my suggestions would be to simply have a track view, with Play Count column active, sort that and then select multiple tracks at once and edit the rating via tag editor and save for all
It's obviously a manual method, but it's still pretty limited in the operations (at max there are 10 ratings) and pretty easy in selecting the tracks (you still have to manually decide the cutoff and select first and last track)
But it might be better than looking for an automated solution that would waste more time than just manually do it once
Hi
but what can't understand i changed the playcount and musicbee restore another value
for example i set playcount to 70 and saved , i replay the song and musicbee set to 8  :-\
maybe musicbee stored in its database , and seeing i have a portable version it does overwrite even it's higher the playcount value
i would like to change the playcount to a bunch of songs with a click and set for exemple > 100 playcount -> 5 stars
thanks

jonap

Set the playcount is only possible via plugin (Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools)

So if you need to set playcounts via plugin, you already need to manually select all the tracks you want, at that point you can set all the tags you want at the same time (playcount and ratings)

For the playcount error, if you can replicate it, post it in the bug section and it will look into it.

gaiastar

Set the playcount is only possible via plugin (Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools)

So if you need to set playcounts via plugin, you already need to manually select all the tracks you want, at that point you can set all the tags you want at the same time (playcount and ratings)

For the playcount error, if you can replicate it, post it in the bug section and it will look into it.
Hi
but may i ask you where does musicbee store the playcount?
for what i know and what i have found on the forum they are stored in  musicbee database only
and
about Set the playcount is only possible via plugin (Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools)
how can I do it?
I mean how can i change it seeing there are no musicbee option about where should store the playcount?
by the way would nice a new feature , read and import /sycnh playcount inside the musicbee database from files?
i know there is the option "export as an iTunes xml file" but it's not the same
thanks
Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 03:38:06 PM by gaiastar

boroda

how can I do it?
install plugin, go to tools> additional tagging tools> advanced search & replace. find asr preset "Example: 'Set tag' preset", set <tag 1> to "play count", <custom text 1> to play count you want to set, and assign a hotkey to preset. restart mb and go to edit> prefs> hotkeys, find action "tagging tools: Example: 'Set tag' preset" and assign a hotkey.

p.s. you can create several copies of that preset, assign different play count values to each one, and assign a hotkey to every copy of preset.

boroda

about your initial question: create several auto playlists, every auto playlist must filter out tracks with play counts you want. create several "set tag" presets to set required rating. for every "set tag" asr preset tick option "auto apply preset only if track is contained in playlist", and select required auto playlist. tick these "set tag" presets for auto-applying.