Author Topic: Highlighting Issue  (Read 460 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Using 3.5.8367 P

I have a custom tag called "link" where I place a URL to something related to the track. It could be a video of the song or a website with reference information about the song. This custom tag has a highlighting rule "Link is not null." This highlight shows in track details view, album artwork view (in the upper right corner,) and in the expanded view.

I have newly added compilation album where the highlight does not show on the album art yet it does show on the tracks in the expanded view. If I do a full library custom search for "Link has a value" the album in question shows the highlight. But when it's viewed in a playlist, the highlight shows.

I have restarted MB many times. I have removed and added the album to the library twice. I have restarted the PC. Nothing changes. A quick check of other albums that have the link highlight all seem to be displaying it properly. This one does not.

Sugestions? Ideas?
Thanks.

Viewed from a search:       Viewed from a playlist:

Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
Bump

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

Are you sure that each and every track has null for that custom tag?

Try things like: compress library, rescan album?

phred

• Global Moderator
Are you sure that each and every track has null for that custom tag?
Well, well, well. There are two tracks on that album that do not have a link in the tag. Once I added a test link, the highlight showed up on the album artwork.

I had -thought- that I had albums with links on -some- tracks and those albums displayed the highlight, but it further testing I've determined that not to be the case. Doing a custom search for "link has a value" and displaying the results as album art view, every cover shows the highlight. But that's because each album is only showing the tracks where "link has a value."

My "solution" for getting any album that has at least one track with a link, is to tag the tracks without links with "www.dummylink.com." I have 100 albums with at least one link and I don't have the patience to tackle them all at once, but as I come across them, I'll add the dummy link.

Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki