Author Topic: Better control of Playback speed?  (Read 990 times)

Hanna

• iTunes Refugee
I would like better control of playback speed!
Is there any way to achieve this?

Scenario: Listening to Audiobook.  Want to speed it up, to get through the book faster, OR speed down, to transcribe, relax or fall asleep.  Slow down also works on books where the narrator speakes too fast or has a high pitched voice

The options currently available don't work for me. Particularly for slower speeds, the only option is half speed which sounds terrible.   I'm after incremental 0.1 reductions / increases. Alternatively a slider.

Is there a plugin or any way to fix this?  I use VLC for this at the moment. Would like to be able to do it in MusicBee. :-*
Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 12:39:20 PM by Hanna

hiccup

There are keyboard shortcuts to in/decrease playback speed in 10% steps.
Is that not what you are looking for?

Hanna

• iTunes Refugee
There are keyboard shortcuts to in/decrease playback speed in 10% steps.
Is that not what you are looking for?
Thank you! I was able to achieve what I wanted, with the shortcuts.   What are the chances that the fine-ness is increased, i.e. to 5%?
Would it be very hard to do?

sveakul

I would like better control of playback speed!
Is there any way to achieve this?

Scenario: Listening to Audiobook.  Want to speed it up, to get through the book faster, OR speed down, to transcribe, relax or fall asleep.  Slow down also works on books where the narrator speakes too fast or has a high pitched voice

The options currently available don't work for me. Particularly for slower speeds, the only option is half speed which sounds terrible.   I'm after incremental 0.1 reductions / increases. Alternatively a slider.
There already is a slider where you can control Tempo (playback rate) at 1% intervals, from 50% speed to 300%.  Decimal .1 units are also do-able by typing the rate into the box above the slider, like "-2.3%."  While the shortcuts only induce 10% changes, but you could manually set the amount and use the "Tempo Preset Set/Use" hotkeys I imagine.