Author Topic: Need advice on playlists grouping.  (Read 758 times)

sergebarber

The situation is like this: say, I have two groups of tracks, A and B. I need a playlist which will pick 50 tracks from the group A, at random, and 2 tracks from the group B, also at random.

I can achieve this by creating two playlist, one which will take random tracks from the group A and limit them to 50, and one which will do the same for the group B.  Note that both of these playlist pick tracks at random, so they will show (and play) new content every time i replay the.

Next, I create a third playlist which will pick all tracks from both the playlist. But the problem is that after i play all the tracks from the third playlist, there is no way to renew the content of it except to edit it (and than save without changing) or to restart the app. Which is quite annoying.

Is it possible to somehow create a composite playlist like the one described which will reshuffle its content on each "play" command?

Thank you.

sergebarber

Playlist Mixers

Thanks, but this doesn't work in my case. This feature plays indefinitely, whereas I need it to stop when it's finished. Also, it's criterias lack the options of selecting tracks by least often played or last recently added, which means i need to select such tracks from other playlists, which in turn gets me back to where i was with smart playlists.

sergebarber

I accidentally realize how to achieve what I want. I just need to created a folder, put the playlists I want to mix in that folder, and select "Play Now" on the folder itself. And everything new and random every time I do it.