Author Topic: Playlists cannot locate Files  (Read 462 times)

paulwiel

Several Playlists suddenly can no longer locate their files (tracks).  This problem happens randomly, without warning or trigger, and does not affect the same Playlists (PL) when it happens.  The m3u PL files were not moved and I can read them without any difficulty in Notepad.  All track refences are pointing to the correct track addresses in my library.  Both Library and Playlists are located on the same external drive (in separate folders).  I'm running MusicBee on Win10.  I have tried all the MusicBee Tools I can think of, but I'm unable to locate an automatic fix.  Maybe I need to turn-on a preference setting I'm unaware of?  I shall be grateful for any help.

hiccup

It looks like you reported similar issues a couple of times before. Since 2020.
What solved it for you in those cases?

paulwiel

I cannot resolve this issue which is the bane of my life with MusicBee!  Everything works fine for months, but then wham  -a bunch of Playlists lose their links again...   It seems to happen without rhyme or reason, although they're usually Playlists that have existed for some time. 

karbock

Can you confirm that Windows always assigns the same drive letter to your external drive?
(Well, it should be the case, since the library is located on the same disk as your collection. Otherwise MB wouldn't be able to access the library, to begin with.)

Steven

• Administrator
also try updating to the latest MB version which is available from the first forum topic

paulwiel

Karbock - I believe that the links all show the full, correct path
Steven - I'm running MB V3.4.8033 which (I believe) is the latest Windows version

phred

• Global Moderator
also try updating to the latest MB version which is available from the first forum topic
Have you looked at the first forum topic as Steven suggested? The latest MB version is 3.5.x
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here