Author Topic: Bookmarking within tracks  (Read 15067 times)

Steven

• Administrator
is it possible to create a video of your steps? I would like to see if you start a bookmark, then edit the file in the tag editor whether the start time setting is already ticked, or whether both get ticked only when you end the book mark.

ma_t14

could you do your steps up to where you end the bookmark, then before playing it from the main library, open the main library file from the tag editor and see if those 2 settings are ticked (you might find the track is read-only until you restart)

No they are not. Only when I open the bookmark from node, then click Stop (forgot to mention that), and then open track from music library the option becomes ticked
Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 05:23:50 PM by ma_t14

ma_t14

If the above does not help either, tell me and I will create a video

Steven

• Administrator
well i still cant reproduce or be sure of whats going on but as a guess you have some setting that is updating the playing file (eg. missing lyrics or artwork thats updating the playing track), so i've put a block in if its updating a bookmarked file
Let me know how this version goes:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wuvvy88dsurcs45

ma_t14

That fixed it! Thank you for going with me all the way to the end  :)

ma_t14

When bookmarking was implemented I didn't expect it to be 1 solution to 2 requests at once. Both bookmarking and A-B repeat was accomplished with a single implementation. The idea was ingenious! But there is a problem. Let me explain:

When I imagine bookmarking in audio/video and the way it is implemented in all the programs I used it acts more like "jump to the bookmarked position". So lets say I have 3:00 track and bookmark at 1:55 I expect the track to start at the defined position but continue playing to the very end. In simple words bookmark refers only to the starting point and the ending point is always assumed to be the end of the track.

The way it is now it is very difficult to accomplish this unless you seek to the end of the track and use the hotkey to define tthe ending point of the bookmark.

It would make more sense if when you press the bookmark hotkey it will assume that the ending point is the end of the track unless the user selects another point manually (like now)

I thought that was the way it is now, but I assumed wrong. Now when you set a starting point and change track the ending point of the bookmark is the point last played before changing track.

It is a simple and transparent change that wouldn't affect current functionality and follow the standard way every other software does bookmarking.

Steven

• Administrator
it should be assuming the end point is the end of the track unless you press the bookmark hotkey again or hit the stop key. So how are you doing this?

ma_t14

It should be doing that even if you change track

p-mob

Is it possible to add a bit more funcionality to the bookmarking?
Following scenario:
Audiobooks that are very long, and have only one track. 4 to 10 hours, for example.
If MusicBee can do only a start bookmark, and play from this point on, this will be very helpful.
In addition, the same behavoiur for multi track audiobooks/albums. It should work as follows:
I press a defined key shortcut or button on the screen. Then a start bookmark will be created.
Then in the bookmarks there should be one point in the context menu for the bookmark "play rest of the album from this point".
Then MusicBee plays the rest of the album/audiobook (whatever), even when it has multiple following tracks.
That would be perfect!
MusicBee ROCKS!

Steven

• Administrator
i've changed it so if you dont explictly end the bookmark it assumes the end of track

p-mob

Will it play the following tracks of the same album too?
MusicBee ROCKS!

boroda

1. It seems that hotkey description in prefs/hotkeys is messed: 'off' actually means 'Start bookmark' and 'on' means 'End bookmark'.

2. How can I see the list of existing bookmarks? Cant find it. Using 1.3.4249.

ma_t14

You have to enable the node in preferences/layout

boroda

Thanks. Can I see bookmarks for currently playing track only (maybe on 'progressbar')?