Author Topic: songs start playing twice  (Read 1066 times)

Shy Guy on Wheels

If enter is pressed on a song title in album cover view then it seems to cause it to play twice at once for me, with the second play happening roughly a second after the first starts

hiccup

Songs playing simultaneously in MusicBee has been reported before, and has been some sort of enigma for a long time.
I have also experienced it (a couple of months ago, and if I recall correctly it was two different songs playing at the same time), but I couldn't replicate it in a way that allowed me to create a useful bug report.
Maybe it needs a couple more drinks to replicate. (I'll start with that now)

So all that I can contribute to this is to confirm that simultaneous playback is indeed occurring sometimes.
And that I have no clue whatsoever about the circumstances when this is happening.

If you are able to replicate this in a reliable manner, it might help if you could provide some useful information such as MB version, audio settings, audio devices, etc.
Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 03:22:22 PM by hiccup

Coogan

This is still happening to me too.  I reported it some time ago.
Hopefully the issue can be identified.
My MusicBee Version:

hiccup

This is still happening to me too.  I reported it some time ago.
Hopefully the issue can be identified.
Did you provide any details about your setup that might be helpful?

ChoongZilla

I have been experiencing this behaviour for the past few months.  

Pressing Enter from the album view will play that track twice with a slight delay. If you hold enter down, then it will play several instances of that song all slightly delayed.

I also have issues with multi media key presses resulting in multiple tracks being played too. Skipping forwards or backwards will skip by two places and occasionally on skipping back, will play both the starting track and the track it has skipped to together. I haven't been able to replicate this behaviour when skipping forwards.

Specs:

MusicBee 3.5.8367 P on Win10 Pro. My keyboard is a Logitech G213

Many thanks.

Steven

• Administrator
That's useful information and i can reproduce the issue holding the Enter key down (when its assigned to Playback: Play Now),
but only when the Now Playing/ show popup option is ticked. Can you confirm the same?

ChoongZilla

That's useful information and i can reproduce the issue holding the Enter key down (when its assigned to Playback: Play Now),
but only when the Now Playing/ show popup option is ticked. Can you confirm the same?

Hey Steven thanks for the quick reply,

No that's not the case for me, I have the show popup option turned off.

Steven

• Administrator
in that case can you send a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

ChoongZilla

in that case can you send a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

Sure thing. Just sent it via PM.

Steven

• Administrator
i cant reproduce any issues using your settings file, however i have made a couple of changes that might make a difference.
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

Shy Guy on Wheels

If you are able to replicate this in a reliable manner, it might help if you could provide some useful information such as MB version, audio settings, audio devices, etc.
Sure, I probably should've put that in the OP but better late then never I guess. This version I'm using currently is 3.5.8370 P, though it's been happening to me for a while now and seems to have persisted between versions.

This a 100% replicatable issue on my end. Whenever the album cover view is open it always happen no matter what, and I can't seem to fix it besides changing it to not display tracks in the pop-up under an album. This only affects the track displayed under the album when enter is pressed, double clicking them, the album, or pressing enter anywhere else seems to work fine. I thought the Play Now hotkey being set to enter might be relevant, but it never seems to fix the issue for me. I've also tried the patch that Steven posted earlier today (hopefully reflected by my version number) but that seemed to do nothing besides delaying the time between the two instances of the track playing, though I can't check this as I don't have the previous version on me to compare.

in case it's confusing what I'm referring to, I mean this track list underneath the album.

Steven

• Administrator
can you give it another go from the same download link.
If it still doesnt work i have one more thing to try

ChoongZilla

Hey Steven, thanks for the updates. Unfortunately its still behaving in the same way as before.

Steven

• Administrator
assuming you are using version: 3.5.8371.32408
then i am out of ideas and not seeing how it is possible.
Could you check the error log (help/ support/ view error log) to see if there are any errors around the time it happens.

However,  i will create a debug version if you confirm you are happy to run it and send me the information logged in the error log

edit:
try this non-debug version
Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 08:01:08 AM by Steven

ChoongZilla

assuming you are using version: 3.5.8371.32408
then i am out of ideas and not seeing how it is possible.
Could you check the error log (help/ support/ view error log) to see if there are any errors around the time it happens.

However,  i will create a debug version if you confirm you are happy to run it and send me the information logged in the error log

edit:
try this non-debug version

3.5.8372 has solved the issue for me, both short pressing and holding enter now behave correctly.

Thanks a bunch!