Author Topic: Regarding synchronized lyrics  (Read 388 times)

chova

Hi everyone, I just recently took up MusicBee after 10+ years of using foobar as my main player

I'm super happy with everything and MB really grew since I first heard about it. There is however two things that I didn't manage to figure out by researching:

First: Is there a way to adjust the syntax that MB uses to find locally stored lyrics?
I only found a workaround that requires me to have minilyrics installed, which is sadly really unstable and outdated (I'm not able to upload anything for a while, I don't think anyone else is able to either). MB is already looking for locally stored lyrics but it appears to be hardcoded to find .lrc files which match the <filename> of the playing song. However in my case, all .lrc files have the "<artist> - <title>.lrc" naming (I believe it was minilyrics default)

Is it possible to simply change this syntax from <filename>.lrc to <artist> - <title>.lrc?
I could rename all my song files to <artist> - <title>, but it's a big library and I want to avoid doing file changes if I don't have to  :-X

Second, more like a bonus question about the Now Playing tab:

This visualizer runs at maybe a bit lower frame rate than I would expect it to. Is it possible to either change the refresh rate / frame rate, or maybe just replace it with a plugin visualizer? I would also increase the height but that's just finesse.

If these were already answered or I'm missing something obvious - I'm sorry, I tried  :P

boroda

1st question: i'd recommend to rename music file, actually it's called in mb "organize files" (manually! and 1st, backup your library!) to fit names of .lrc files. then rescan music files to pick up lyrics files, and re-organize music files again to desired pattern (this should re-organize .lrc files as well).

2nd question: not sure if it solves your problem, but try this plugin.

sveakul

This visualizer runs at maybe a bit lower frame rate than I would expect it to. Is it possible to either change the refresh rate / frame rate, or maybe just replace it with a plugin visualizer? I would also increase the height but that's just finesse.

This should do everything you want:  https://getmusicbee.com/addons/visualizer/368/classic-spectrum-analyzer/

chova

Hey thank you both for your suggestions  :D

i'd recommend to rename music file, actually it's called in mb "organize files" (manually! and 1st, backup your library!) to fit names of .lrc files. then rescan music files to pick up lyrics files, and re-organize music files again to desired pattern (this should re-organize .lrc files as well).

Like I said I would really want to avoid doing something like this since I have around 300gb of data to organize/backup - but if this does turn out to be the only solution then I'm glad to hear MB can automate that  :) It's a one off thing and I suppose it couldn't hurt to have the files renamed and organized in that manner as well. Would still prefer to just change the syntax if possible though.

Regarding the plugins, neither seem to be able to replace the one in Now Playing, it seems I can choose only from Visualizer or Wave Bar, but none seem to have a settings window (that I can find).

I like the classic spectrum analyzer, I'm still finding my way around the software so I can't find the dialogs you kindly attached - however double clicking on it does...

I have the latest MB and the plugin should support it, so maybe I'm missing some prerequisites, though I'm pretty sure I'm up to date with all the .NETs and DirectXs  ::)

boroda

Like I said I would really want to avoid doing something like this since I have around 300gb of data to organize/backup...
well, backing up 300gb is the problem, but re-organiznig files (actually just renaming/moving, but not copying) must not  be a big problem.

sveakul

Regarding the plugins, neither seem to be able to replace the one in Now Playing, it seems I can choose only from Visualizer or Wave Bar, but none seem to have a settings window (that I can find).
I like the classic spectrum analyzer, I'm still finding my way around the software so I can't find the dialogs you kindly attached - however double clicking on it does...

You can only use the stock MB visualizer in the "Now Playing" interface--that applies to any not just CSA.

Be sure you put both the DLL and the folder from the zip as-is into the MusicBee Plugins directory.  When you have added it into a visualizer window elsewhere, restart MB.  If you right-click inside the window then you will see its menu--"Properties" is what you want.

Further questions on this plugin are welcome in its own thread here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=23345.75

Note that the vast majority of posts in the plugin thread deal with its use before the author modified it and posted it as a MusicBee plugin in the regular add-on section, so don't let the rest of the posts there about dealing with the older iteration intimidate you.

chova

well, backing up 300gb is the problem, but re-organiznig files (actually just renaming/moving, but not copying) must not  be a big problem.

I guess I'm just worried something will go wrong, I mean from a programmatical point of view it's really just renaming the files and not doing anything to the data within it, right? I just worked a lot on my library - but if nobody had any issues with the re-organize feature then I suppose I can just re-organize it straight away :)

If you right-click inside the window then you will see its menu--"Properties" is what you want.

Your right click menu looks an awful lot like the white square which glitched MB in my screenshot :D I'll take the issue to that thread - now I know what exactly crashes it. Thanks!

boroda

I mean from a programmatical point of view it's really just renaming the files and not doing anything to the data within it, right?
yes, but i would recommend to back up library anyway.

Your right click menu looks an awful lot like the white square which glitched MB in my screenshot :D I'll take the issue to that thread - now I know what exactly crashes it. Thanks!
what? i have a similar problem: spectrum visualizer is working fine for me, but i can't invoke context menu to adjust plugin, mb just freezes on right-click.

chova

what? i have a similar problem: spectrum visualizer is working fine for me, but i can't invoke context menu to adjust plugin, mb just freezes on right-click.

I just made a post about what I went through - I managed to get it working :)