Author Topic: No new line with track sub-grouping  (Read 894 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Currently if a tag / virtual tag used as sub-grouping header has a null value, MB will create a blank line.

Could it please be changed so a null tag value is ignored and no empty line is created.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Messiaen

Umm... I think somewhere between subversions 3.5.8359 and .8365 this request seems to have been implemented - which inadvertently screws up a lot of Work/Movement tags I had set up which conveniently not only preceded the "work" set with a blank line (as the option states in Layout 1 -> Files -> Track Sub-Grouping), but it also followed the work/movement set with a blank line (thus separating out any following tracks which are not labelled as movements of the work.

In other words, if tracks 3-7 constitute a "work/movement set", but track 8 is explicitly not a movement to that work, nor the start of a new work, track 8 now follows on directly from track 7 where (in version .8359, at least) track 8 would be logically separated from the preceding work.

I don't think this was the intended result of the original request, despite the fact that it certainly sounds like it might be.  ??? (I'm explicitly using the Classical-music tags of "Work" and "Movement".)

How could I get back the previous behaviour without resorting to making track 8 the start of a new disk (to force a line separator, which seems like hitting a small nail with a sledgehammer)?  I have many "works" in middle of albums which rely on this aesthetic.

(If this is not related to this request/post I apologise for posting here, but it seems directly related.)
Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 10:20:56 PM by Messiaen

Steven

• Administrator
it wasnt intentional - i was just trying it out to see whats involved and forgot to remove it
the change has been undone now

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
But I don't have the 'precede with a blank line' option turned on

:(  :'(
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

The Incredible Boom Boom

@Bee-liever, basic question for an advanced user like yourself, but are you sure each track per disc has the same <Header [variable]> tag?