Author Topic: Restoring an old playlist?  (Read 457 times)

hashtagbluejay

I have an old musicbee playlist I'm trying to open, however I am having trouble opening it.

I have it saved in my musicbee folder is an .mbp file, but when I go to File > Playlists > Import Playlists, it only seems to allow .asx, .m3u, .m3u8, .pls, .wpl, .xspf files to show and when I type in my playlist name "example.mbp" it won't pop up in musicbee.

Is there something I'm not doing correctly or is it safe to assume my playlist is lost?

phred

• Global Moderator
*.mbp is a MusicBeePlaylist that can't be imported or exported. It's basically for use only in MB's database. What you could try, and I've never done this and have no idea if it will work, if to copy the mbp file into MB's playlist folder.
Close MB first, then open a file explorer. Find your MB installation, and the folder that is the same name as your library. Then COPY the mbp file into the playlists folder. Finally open MB and see if it's there in your playlists.

If you're using the Store installation of MB you probably won't be able to find the folder necessary. For the Installer or Portable versions, you can find the path to your playlists here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=36875.0
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hashtagbluejay

I didn't try that specifically, but I did manage to get it to open on MB. Not sure why it wasn't showing when I tried last night but it's up now. Thank you.

phred

• Global Moderator
It might be helpful to others if you stated what you did to get it open.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here