Author Topic: Automatically Download Album Art?  (Read 35555 times)

jadlakha

Is there a feature in Music Bee that automatically lets you download album art for your entire library?  As far as I can tell, Music Bee will download the album art once you play a song in an album, but it won't do it for your entire library by default.   ???

jadlakha

Actually, it looks like I found a solution to my own question.  Just select your entire library (Ctrl + A), then right click, highlight "Auto-Tag by Track", and select "Update Missing Artwork"

Anti

Welcome to the forum.

Glad you found that feature.
I was going to post it last night, but had second thoughts because it wasn't 'automatic'.

jadlakha

Thanks for the welcome!  Yea it isn't automatic, but it accomplished what I wanted.  Other music players that I've used usually had one button to click to do it such as iTunes and Jaangles.  iTunes probably does it a bit more efficiently since rather then cycling through every single song, it searches for each album by itself.  For a large library it did take a while, took several hours (on iTunes it usually takes around 30-45 minutes).  With that said, I hate iTunes with a passion and am loving Music Bee.

Steven

• Administrator
MB should be searching once per album and using the same picture on each track (where the picture is missing) in that album.
if you didnt find that to be the case let me know

jadlakha

Yea it does find a picture and use it for the album.  Thanks Steve! 

TechnoMonster

7 years later, and not only have I become a MusicBee fanatic and on a steep learning curve, but I have a question about the step above:

"...select your entire library (Ctrl + A)"

I can't figure out how to select my entire library, or even all the albums by one artist.

Thanks for the help!

sveakul

TechnoMonster:  To select entire library, open your library tab (normally "Music") then--in the left pane choose to list by Artist (for example)--select "All Artists"--hit Ctrl+A (or drop Edit from menu and choose Select All). Done.