Author Topic: Be able to choose the 'Artist Field' for Last.fm Scrobbles  (Read 130 times)

TomK7104

Currently, when using Musicbee and scrobbling to Last.fm, the display artist is the field used when uploaded. The issue with this is when you have multiple artists.  It does not match the way Last.fm deals with Artists. If I have for example Display Artist: "Disclosure; Sam Smith" it will scrobble that as the Artist on Last.fm instead of only "Disclosure"

I've seen multiple questions about the Last.fm scrobbling but no actual fixes for this issue other than manually removing the 2nd, 3rd, ... etc  Artist from the Display Artist field of each song. That technique just isn't viable when dealing with large amounts of files. Can we PLEASE have the option to either only take the first artist before the " ; " for scrobbles etc, or be able to choose the fields the Last.fm tool uses for uploading.

Thank you in advance.

frankz

Posting the same thing over and over again doesn't make it more likely to be implemented.
A smile is happiness you'll find right under your nose.

TomK7104

Posting the same thing over and over again doesn't make it more likely to be implemented.

Well, that post is over a year old and was essentially shot down with a workaround that isn't feasible for large libraries. I'm asking for a fix that specifically is NOT splitting/editing the Display Artist. For that reason I feel it warrants a post. Obviously I'm new here, maybe that isn't the correct way to handle it, but this type of issue was pretty much lost.

It seems like a very simple issue to fix but the problems it brings are fairly big.

frankz

Correcting incorrectly tagged files can seem daunting, but if you take it in segments it will probably be less labor intensive than you fear.

IMO Steven's limited time shouldn't be taken up programming workarounds for people's mistagged files, but I'm not the final arbiter of that, just a voice among many.
A smile is happiness you'll find right under your nose.