Author Topic: Sort By Album Group By Genre.  (Read 392 times)

rpsibew110

Hello,
Am I wrong in thinking that when sorting in a "Music" tab and by "Album" and the grouping by "Genre" that the entire album should show up in the search?

I realize that each song can have a different genre and this could lead to repeat results.

What I am doing and for the most part Musicbee has been very helpful and with a fingerprinting program is to clean up a database of music for a friend.

So I may be asking more of Musicbee than it was intended for. If so I apologize.

The Incredible Boom Boom

I think I'm confused, but if the entire album isn't tagged with the same genre, why would it show up when you group tracks by <Genre>?

rpsibew110

In the picture I have "Album" selected. I am looking to group albums by genre, even though I know that every track is not labeled the same.

That is also why I said I may be asking to much of the program because it doesn't work that way. 

phred

• Global Moderator
If you're sorting by by genre, only the tracks that meet the criteria will be shown. If there are twelve tracks on the album and three of them are genre X, then when you group by genre, only those three will show up. MB can't show what isn't there. You're asking for X but wondering why you can't see X + 9.

Which is what The Incredible Boom Boom stated.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here