Author Topic: Rescan/Redownload or copy artwork to different filename  (Read 286 times)

jcp

Hi All,
I'm running MB 3.3.7261.  Looking for some assistance please with artwork updates.

I currently have artwork storage preference as "copy to folder.jpg" & "copy to same folder as music and name as: Cover.jpg"

I want to change the Cover.jpg to AlbumArt.jpg as this seems to work better with Android music players.
Media is stored as Library\<Album Artist>\<Album>\

Is there a way to rescan and change the cover.jpg over to AlbumArt.jpg for the whole library?

TIA
jcp

phred

• Global Moderator
If you use the sync option, you can rename the album art on the fly.
That's not going to help if the user isn't syncing and wants to change the filenames on the local installation.

Maybe the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools plugin can do the rename, but I don't think so.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

jcp

I normally just right click on an album and  "send to" my phone.  Will these device storage settings change the file name on the fly?

My preference would be to update the entire library rather than just the albums sent to my phone.

I also had a look at the  "Album Artwork Manager" which has the filter for files that are inconsistent with storage settings, but i don't see the option on how to fix it.