Author Topic: Prompt field in customize panel  (Read 702 times)

Fox63

It would be nice to have a prompt field like here:

in the customize main panel

I used many virtual fields to create texts with the data to show such as:

I would leave the virtual fields only and exclusively for formulas.
Thank you

aktor

I like what you did with the formulas. Could you post them?

hiccup

(neither for nor against it)

But I think I should mention a problem with how this is working in the Track Details panel:
As soon as you enter something in the prompt field, any formatting in the 'fields' line gets broken and things will become a mess.
So using (adding) this prompt field is only useful if you don't use any formatting in the actual formula.
Not all users will understand this, and they will then run into problems.

The Incredible Boom Boom

But I think I should mention a problem with how this is working in the Track Details panel:
As soon as you enter something in the prompt field, any formatting in the 'fields' line gets broken and things will become a mess.
So using (adding) this prompt field is only useful if you don't use any formatting in the actual formula.

I did not realize this. I don't use prompts in the Track Details panel, but I would to use them in the main panel.

Fox63

I like what you did with the formulas. Could you post them?

I'll post only the one for the artist, the others are similar.
For the icon I used windows character map and copied and pasted the corresponding letter.
Code
{font: Segoe UI Symbol;Regular;10}{font: Segoe UI Semibold;Regular;9}{contrast: 40}    ARTISTA:{font: Segoe UI Semibold;Regular;9}{contrast: 80} <Artista album>

Fox63

I did not realize this. I don't use prompts in the Track Details panel, but I would to use them in the main panel.

I tried to use the same system for the fields in the Track Details panel but I didn't have any problems.
Which I don't use because the data I need is already displayed in the main panel. What is playing can be seen from the player.
The problem, if anything, is using a font with size greater than 14, it gets cut off at the bottom. The field does not adapt to the font size used.