Author Topic: Virtual Device Synchronising - remove .\ from playlist using relative file paths  (Read 206 times)

Gendji

Is it possible to remove the .\ in a playlist created by synchronising a virtual device using "relative file paths"?

So for example:

Playlist A\Song.mp3
instead of
.\Playlist A\Song.mp3

The standard seems to be .\ and works fine on most media players i have, except my car radio, which only reads the first example. I normally synchronise the music files, convert them manually to mp3 and create a playlist with MP3Tag for that purpose but i want to do that all with MusicBee.

The car radio only reads mp3 so i made a virtual device which converts all flac to mp3, which works great, but the created playlist with .\ using relative file paths doesn't work in the car. If i create the playlist with MP3Tag the .\ is not used, just "Playlist A\Song.mp3" etc. and that works.

Gendji

Turns out the problem was something else. I noticed that the MP3Tag playlist file was in ANSI and the playlist file from MB in UTF-8, both of them being an "Extended M3U".

Apparently the car radio can not handle song names with an umlaut, (for example Über Den Wolken.flac) if UTF-8 is used. It is not a problem if ANSI is used. I have no idea why, but it works if i just save the file created by MB in ANSI.

The file created by MB works fine on all my other media players, (Kodi, phone, PC, tablet etc.)
Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 12:15:05 AM by Gendji