Author Topic: Mood tag conflict between MB and Mp3Tag  (Read 332 times)

Lotus1922

Hello all, I'm having a very strange and frustrating problem with MB and Mp3Tag disagreeing over how to handle the MOOD tag. Please see attached photos.

1. If I write a value (in this case, "testing") to the MOOD field in MB's Tags (2) tab, it shows up in the tag inspector in the MOOD --> TXXX/MOOD row, and also shows up in Mp3Tag's MOOD field. I can then make an auto-playlist to pick songs whose MOOD matches the value, and all is well. (Pic #1)

Pic 1:

BUT it does not work the other way around!

2. If I write a value (in this case, "test") to the MOOD field in Mp3tag, it shows up in MB's tag inspector as mentioned above, but the MOOD field in the Tags (2) tab retains the previous value (or remains blank if it was blank to begin with). (Pic #2)

Pic 2:

Mp3Tag is set to only save ID3v2 tags and strip any others; MB is set to save them as ID3v2.3.
I would rather not use MB to manage my metadata, so is there some kind of field mapping trick to get MB's Mood field to pick up what's written in Mp3Tag's Mood field?

Many thanks in advance for any help!

The Incredible Boom Boom

Unless you have MusicBee set to continuously monitor your library folders, you'll need to rescan files so changes are picked up.