Author Topic: could be added another easy way to find an artist or album ?  (Read 424 times)

gaiastar

hi
could be added another  easy way to find an artist or album?
for example if i use the "i" of my keyboard musicbee does find the artist of the album that start with "I" but if i stike again the "I" musicbee doesn't scroll down
I have to use the keyboard or the mouse
in short I would like to push the "I" of  keyboard the find the first Artist with I , push again the "I" for another artist and so on
for example push the I and find Imagine Dragons , strike again the I of the keyboard and go down to Imogen Heap and so on

and seeing I guess I could ask it here too
I have tagged some albums genre with more keywords , is there a way to show all of them and not only the first and the*

thanks and sorry for my poor english
I  run musicbee 3.4.8033  under windows 10
MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫

phred

• Global Moderator
I have tagged some albums genre with more keywords , is there a way to show all of them and not only the first and the*
Use the <genres> tag instead of <genre>.
Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 05:00:18 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

The way this works is that you can press just one letter, but you can also press a sequence of letters.

So 'a' will get you to the first entry that begins with 'a', but if you press 'an', it will find the first entry that starts with 'an'.
There is a very short timeframe that will allow you to type a second letter. (much too short in my opinion, just above one second)
After that second passed, a next keypress will be treated as a new one, so it will navigate to the first 'a' again. (even if it was there already)

If you want to navigate to the next 'a', all you have to press is 'arrow down'.

Personally I think it would be a bad idea to add a complication to how this works.

gaiastar

/quote]
Use the tag <genres> and not <genre>
Hi
Yes , i haven't seeing genres "the plural" , thanks a  lot
The way this works is that you can press just one letter, but you can also press a sequence of letters.

So 'a' will get you to the first entry that begins with 'a', but if you press 'an', it will find the first entry that starts with 'an'.
There is a very short timeframe that will allow you to type a second letter. (much too short in my opinion, just above one second)
After that second passed, a next keypress will be treated as a new one, so it will navigate to the first 'a' again. (even if it was there already)

If you want to navigate to the next 'a', all you have to press is 'arrow down'.

Personally I think it would be a bad idea to add a complication to how this works.
Hi
I use the arrow keys up and down
just thinking that keeping pressing the same letter could be usefull
but thanks
MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫

Música

I'm running the same MB version you are, gaiastar, under Windows 7 and 10. Mine do work the way you suggest, under both W7 and 10: hitting the i key sequentially, for instance; though I do have to wait a couple of seconds between pushing the key, it does take me to the second i artist, third, etc. Interestingly, it also takes me to one artist beyond the letter -to the first J artist, for instance, then it goes back to the first i artist. I'll probably keep mouse-scrolling or using the arrows, but it's another good thing to learn. Try your method with a second or two of patience. BTW, with arrows after the letter, there is no need to wait at all.
Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 09:03:48 PM by Música