Author Topic: Can't Remove Lyrics  (Read 688 times)

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9384
Using 3.5.8338 P

This one is rather mind-boggling. I've been dealing with it for about a week, through a couple versions.

I'm using Lyrics Reloaded (Latest) to grab lyrics and it's been working well. When it returns incorrect lyrics, I've found the only way to delete them is to mark them as having no lyrics and then removing the "no lyrics" mark.  I have two tracks, from two different albums, from two different lyrics providers, where the lyrics appear not to be removed. All my lyrics are embedded in the music file.

The lyrics show in the lyrics panel in the right sidebar. But my "no lyrics" highlight is activated. When I look in the tag editor lyrics tab, there are no lyrics. When i look with the tag inspector, there are no lyrics. Yet they appear in the lyrics panel. Today as a test I opened the tag editor and in the lyrics tab, I typed in some text. I saved it and the lyrics highlight went away, but the lyrics showing in the panel are not what I typed in, but the lyrics that are incorrect and don't get removed. I did a file rescan with no change. I closed MB and reopened it and the test lyrics showed up. But when I marked as no lyrics and then removed the no lyrics flag, the incorrect lyrics showed up again.

I'm at a loss here and looking for some ideas as to what's going on.

Thanks.

Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sveakul

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2494
phred:  the ghost lyrics that are "sticking" in the display panel are probably being pulled from the lyrics cache folder (MusicBee\AppData\InternalCache\Lyrics).  Delete the cache contents regularly and you shouldn't see this.  Of course you can do that manually but using a batch file makes it easier.  Drop the following into an empty text file, rename as *.bat, and double-click when needed; check that the paths of my portable MB installation match yours:

Code
@ECHO OFF

Set dir="c:\MusicBee\AppData\InternalCache\Lyrics"

Echo Deleting all files from %dir%
del %dir%\* /F /Q

Echo Deleting all folders from %dir%
for /d %%p in (%dir%\*) Do rd /Q /S "%%p"
@echo Folder deleted.

exit

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9384
Spot on, sveakul. I removed the cache manually to see if that took care of the issue and indeed it did.

Then I created the batch file, changed the paths to match mine, created a desktop shortcut and will hit it every now and then. And may eventually add it to the task scheduler.

Thanks very much.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here