Author Topic: No way to deselect Artist once you select them in Artists view  (Read 1198 times)

jonap

Don't know if it's actually a bug or maybe just a problem for how it's designed, but in Artist view, there is the option to "fit artwork to the size of the panel" which is very nice
Although, once you select an artist, there is no way to deselect it anymore, as the only way to deselect it, is to click on a free pixel, which are not there anymore after you tick that option

Shouldn't click again on an already selected Artist, deselect it?

this is the view I am talking about, and you can see Green Day are selected, but if I want to deselect them I need to go back to the main view (so either click Music or remove all the filters from the column browser)

jonap

well, if I have the entire library on the main view, and filter it, and then click on an Artist, then I can't go back to the filtered Library but I can only go back to the entire Library and apply the filters again

Username2304

Why do you determine this to be an issue or a bug?

Because when my music player is idle, I'd generally like it NOT to have the last thing I clicked selected? I don't want a giant red box around the album that's playing or whatever I clicked last, it looks stupid. I made an account just to reply to your condescending and annoying comment "wHy iS iT aN iSsUe???" DOES IT MATTER? It's something the user doesn't like and they want to change it, it's a dumb design choice in the first place. I thought MusicBee was supposed to be the ultimate "customize to your liking" program, so why are you leaving such an antithetical and "Just deal with it bro" level comment? Utter fool.

hiccup

nonsense
Probably a bot with serious programming errors. (ChatGPT 0.1 alpha?)
Funny though, it does come across as a human child with anger issues.
It might fool someone?