Author Topic: Tracks count (not only Album count) in Artists view  (Read 1542 times)

jonap

Hi, for those like me that have many songs on their own, resulting in many artists with just 1-2 songs, rather than artists with full albums, the grouping in albums is not really helpful, so I wish the Artist view could have the option to show the track count instead, under the Artist picture

basically another little tickbox to decide wheter show album count or track count

The Incredible Boom Boom

boroda

you can achieve this with tag tools plugin, library reports command. define new LR preset as groupings: Album, Album artist (displayed), then define function: count(url). assign virtual tag function id to this preset. then define a new virtual tag with formula $LR(<URL>,your_id). add this virtual tag as 3d field to "fields displayed" in "view configuration".

sorry, i don't have more time now for further help. maybe other forum members could assist you if needed.

jonap

wow thank you, didn't expect to be possible already
although I tried do it myself and I have trouble doing most of the steps
triend finding infos about Library reports command and couldn't even find how to create a new preset (I don't have the same menus as some tutorials I found around)

I'll keep try figure out, but if you could help me a bit more would be very appreciated

jonap

I already had (v5.4.8312), it just that I couldn't find a way to create a new preset with 'New Preset' like I tried to follow this guide to do something similar
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=30575.msg169478#msg169478

this is the view I have: https://i.imgur.com/auzwfPF.png

and I don't know how to create a preset, and how to assign virtual tag function id to this preset

boroda

I already had (v5.4.8312)...

it's a very, very old plugin version. current version is 5.7.8527

jonap

damn I feel dumb now, I remembered downloading a newer version recently, but apparently it was not that recently after all

anyway now I understand most steps, created a new preset, added Album and Album Artist as grouping, and Count(URL), and assigned ID, and created a virtual tag with the formula

now I can't find the "view configuration" to find the fields displayed

boroda

now I can't find the "view configuration" to find the fields displayed

it's on the 3d screenshot from your 1st post.

p.s. make sure that you have added "album artist (DISPLAYED)" grouping rather than "album artist". it's very important.

jonap

it's on the 3d screenshot from your 1st post.

feel even dumber now

anyway I did all the steps but still couldn't make it work

I'll show all the steps I made:

creating the preset

defining virtual tag

adding the field to the view

final view is the same as before, there is the album count and not track count

any idea where I did somwthing wrong? I guess in the preset but can't figure it out

boroda

now i feel dumb because 3d field is displayed fine for me:

1. click "panel layout override" in views configuration (at the bottom of the window) and post screenshot.
2. what mb version you are using (help> about)?
3. try to change "CUSTOM COUNT" to some real (not virtual) tag to see if there is the difference.

jonap

weird, anyway I have the same setup with no option ticked

and I am on 3.5.8436 P

how did you set the virtual tag in configure fields? as string or as number? I did tried both and both without success but still to be sure

boroda

3. try to change "CUSTOM COUNT" to some real (not virtual) tag to see if there is the difference.

MY virtual tag (it's just an example in test library) is a string, but it's not track count.

try to update mb to latest patch:

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip